Expand my Community achievements bar.

R1 Feedback

Level 10
Hi. Thought it might be good for Workfront to hear some end user feedback on R1. Today, one of our key users sent me an email as follows (she's talking about how you can now change the project status from the main project screen): "Hi David, I just wanted to tell you that I love the new feature in WF where I can close a project from the screen that appears when you select a project. This is going to save me time. Anne"
34 Replies

Level 8
Our users are loving this as well. Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference to the users. I hope this is the only beginning of cutting down the extra clicks in the interface (I'm looking at you, custom forms -- lol). This is a great start!

Level 10
Has anyone tried to customize fields on the layouts yet? Is it me or can you not use upper case letters?? Michael

Level 7
You're referring the Terminology tab, right? Yes, I see that too.

Level 10
Yeah, that seems very strange to me. Michael Lebowitz WorkFront System Administrator Product Development and Business Operations Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 8
Michael -- I just test it out and you're right. It won't let you input capital letters.

Level 10
I heard from our CSM that it will automatically capitalize the first letter for you on the layout itself. Michael Lebowitz WorkFront System Administrator Product Development and Business Operations Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 8
Interesting. That's good to know. Thank you!

Level 8
Yes, it will capitalize, and that’s in the documentation: "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216607058-Creating-and-Managing-Layout-Templates#customizing-terminology" https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216607058-Creating-and-Managing-Layout-Templates#cus... NOTE Only lower case labels are supported in the Singular and Plural fields. Workfront capitalizes the first letter of the custom name everywhere in the application where it appears.

Level 2
I'm having several issues since the release. Access levels have changed what users have access to Request license -> Reports. Group By labels are displaying No Value where they were correctly displayed pre release. The Custom Form -> Form Sharing tab dropped a group that had access to the form pre release. Not related to the release, I assume, there is a Maintenance scheduled for 5/4 on CL01. We're a 24X7 Global shop and any standard work week downtime is a killer.

Level 10
We've noticed that now all of our custom forms>Sharing have been set to System Wide (which is not what we want!).

Level 8
Thanks for calling that out, ours is the same! I’m assuming someone opened a case already?

Level 2
I just fixed it and moved on. Worst possible timing for us. Massive go live event for an ERP roll out and we're supporting that with Workfront.

Level 10
I found that display settings in My Work had reverted back to defaults (Sort = My Priority and Grouping = Commit Date). It's quite annoying how this happens often. We don't want our users using either of these options, and they often don't notice that it has reverted.

Level 10
Yes, that is correct. That is also mentioned in the 'live' training class.

Level 3
My coworker created this in the Idea Exchange regarding the inability to use capital letters in the Terminology tab. Feel free to up-vote: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115003957213-Terminology-Customization-To-All... Thanks, Wayne

Level 3
As far as the forms saying "Visible System-Wide". We noticed this in the sandbox prior to release, but weren't sure what it meant. Based on our very limited testing, it seems to mean that if a custom form is applied to an object that you have access to, you can see that form (which is what we want). Our users do not appear to be able to apply these forms unless they are shared with them or their group. So, we don't think anything changed except that label. We could be wrong, so please reply if you are having different results. I don't know how removing "Visible System-Wide" changes things either. We haven't done that because our forms appear to be working as before.

Level 2
Our instance lost groups from the Form Sharing dialog. Some were there but one was not. They were configured to see the custom form before the R1 release but the next day the group was gone. Easy fix but unexpected.

Level 10
I’m not sure if this is related to Release 1 or not - the group assigned to a number of projects was defaulted across the board to a group we don’t use anymore. I had to go into every one of those projects and set the group back to the correct group. I wonder if they did something with groups in R1. Thanks, Eric

Level 3
We've done some testing since we noticed the new form sharing options (which were not highlighted in any of the release webinars from what I recall). While good information is here https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216668788-Creating-Custom-Forms I thought others might find this helpful: 1. Similar to previous settings, as long as the form is set to Visible System Wide, users can see it once it's been added. There's now more granular ways to share forms (users/teams/groups) instead of just groups. 2. In order to add a form, it must be shared with the user/team/group, and they must have manage access on the object with the form. 3. Once added, if View System Wide is on, then user permissions on the form are based on the object where the form resides. 4. If it's not Visible System Wide, only those users/teams/groups it is shared with can see/contribute/manage based on their access for the object it is on. This may be helpful if there is information that only higher level management should be able to see. This is now a good option to 'hide' sensitive information since you can't apply the same type of restrictions to form sections (just make a different form and give executives the ability to add it). I did notice on the help page that it says when you share a form with a group it gives them capability to edit it under Setup which I thought was odd to be able to give that level of admin access just by sharing a form. However, when I logged in as another user with manage/add form capability, there weren't any options to access the form under Setup. Perhaps they're just referring to the 'object set up'/edit page where you can simply edit the form instead of under the details/custom form tab. Just wanted to mention it.

Level 10
Outlook Integration: It doesn't seem to work with those using SSO. You need the old external login password, which is a hassel and why we went to SSO.