Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

R1 Feedback

Level 10
Hi. Thought it might be good for Workfront to hear some end user feedback on R1. Today, one of our key users sent me an email as follows (she's talking about how you can now change the project status from the main project screen): "Hi David, I just wanted to tell you that I love the new feature in WF where I can close a project from the screen that appears when you select a project. This is going to save me time. Anne"
34 Replies

Level 10
Hi Ondina - thanks for documenting that info! I really like that we can make forms/fields invisible to users if required. Works nicely. Cheers, David

Level 3
Ondina, Thanks so much for that detailed write up! Wayne

Level 8
This may have already been discussed here, but all of our system admins and workers are not seeing the new calendar on their "my work" page. It has reverted back to the old calendar. Is this happening to others / a known issue being worked through already? I don't want to bombard Worfront with a support ticket unless I have to :) Thanks! Sydney

Level 8
No excuse for me missing that update, thanks!

Level 8
No worries. We had to dig around and find it ourselves. It wasn’t really formally said or announced that it wouldn’t be happening. ________________________________

Level 10
Seems like the label "Visible System Wide" is a bit misleading. We removed this from all of our forms, only to later find out that then if the form wasn't already attached (say on a new project, after R1), users were unable to attach the form. However, if the form was already attached (existing projects) they could edit the custom form. So we had to add this back in. ALso we discovered that by adding a Parent Group to a custom form, that does NOT automatically give all sub groups (to that parent group) access to the form.

Level 6
i noticed that during the presentation they talked about the layout template updates and the Terminology updates. One of the things that I thought we would be able to modify was the name of sub menu elements - I.E. Custom Form under "Project Details". I honestly thought that was something shown in the walk through which would have been a huge boon for our team.

Level 2
I'm trying to understand the removal of the project names in the Teams/Working On tab. I use this function all the time to see a quick overview of what needs to happen on each project for my team, but now it only shows me the task name. Not much use without the project name. Am I missing a toggle or something to bring those back? Until they are, I've reverted to the previous Working On.

Level 3
It's still there if you select Legacy Calendar in the Team Settings. Hope this helps!

Level 2
Ondina, yes, I know it's still there. I use the legacy version every day. It did need updating, and I like some of the new filtering features of the new version, but not at the expense of taking away the main thing that made it useful.

Level 3
Obviously misunderstood your comment but completely agree with the frustration since project name is such an important component. We are in soft launch right now and there are quite a few limitations I'm learning about that seem like they'd be obvious features. More things to add to the idea exchange!

Level 10
Hi Thomas, Project names are one of the features that were lost in the upgrade to the new WOC screen (grid lines and full-screen button are also missing, along with a now 3-week max width, down from 4 weeks before). Fortunately Workfront are already in the process of re-adding the project names. If you have a look in Preview, you can enable project names in the settings (cog icon at top right) of the WOC. I'm also speaking with Product Management regarding some issues with non-overlapping tasks which are not aligning neatly in a row across the screen as they should. This is resulting in large areas of white space and loss of vertical real estate. They're working on enhancing this to try to get the screen real estate more compact like in the legacy WOC. Regards, David

Level 2
Ahh, good to hear. Thanks for the info David.