Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Quick Tip: Using wild card variables to generalize reports.

Employee

Save time and manage less reports by using wildcard filters to create reports that dynamically change based on who is logged in and looking at the report or based on a certain timeframe like this week, last month or this quarter.

Some frequently used user-based wildcards that show the logged in user relevant data include:

- My Issues = Assignment Users ID equals $$USER.ID

- My Projects = Project Owner ID equals $$USER.ID

- Hours Logged by My Home Team = Hour Owner ID equals $$USER.homeTeamID

Helpful date-based wildcards include:

- Projects Due Last Week = Project Planned Completion Date between $$TODAYb-1w and $$TODAYe-1w

- Tasks Completed Yesterday = Task Actual Completion Date equals $$TODAY-1d

- Hours Entered This Month = Hour Entry Date between $$TODAYbm and $$TODAYem

"Like" this post if you find it helpful!👍

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

To add... I recommend adding https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe... to your favorites/bookmarks. Especially for things like other teams and other groups. :)

Level 10

Thanks Anthony, one notable thing that a lot of people miss is things that belong to anyone on my home team ($$USER.homeTeamID) and things that belong to anyone on any team I'm on ($$USER.teamIDs)