Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Question on Importing a Schedule from MS Project

Level 2
Please see this link.. https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216674558-Mapping-MS-Project-to-Workfront It talks about Data and Field mappings in WorkFront. In the data mapping section, there is a "Task assignments" seems like it imports over from MS Project. But in the field mapping section, it says "assignments" as not included. Anyone with experience importing schedule into WorkFront from MS Project, do the assignments (resource names or resource role) come over? Thanks.
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi: I just tested it four or five times. Fun times. If the name of the resource in MS Project matches nearly exactly the name of a resource in WorkFront, it carries from the MPP to the WorkFront plan. If the name of the resource in MS Project doesn’t match the name of a resource in WorkFront, it does not add it to the WorkFront plan. Does that help? Eric

Level 2
Thanks, Eric. In your test, did you run it with multiple resources assigned to a single task also?

Level 10
No, but I tested it just now. WorkFront only adds the first resource in the MPP to the WorkFront plan. It ignores all additional resources on a plan. Also, I learned that WorkFront will assign deactivated people to your plan. It doesn’t check to see if the person it is adding is active or not. Good question! Eric