Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Putting Dashboards on Home Page

Level 1
Hello! I am trying to make it super easy for our team member to find everything they need in one place. I created the perfect dashboard and want it to be the first thing they see when they log into Workfront. Can I put a dashboard on a home page? Can I create a custom tab at the top next to the home tab? Thanks! Erin Koval Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
0 Replies

Level 10
For now I would suggest you put them on the reporting tab, and then create a layout template that defaults the user view to open the reporting tab when they log in. There isn't really a way to put dashboards on Home or at the Global Nav bar level. -skye

Level 1
Skye, Thank you for your help! It's unfortunate we can't customize the home page, can we do this on the "my work" page? Also, where do I auto-set the page someone is taken to when they log in? Thanks again for your help! -Erin Erin Koval Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.

Level 10
No, I think you can only put dashboards on projects, tasks, issues, and globally in the reporting, requests, and project list areas. You can auto-set pages one user at a time, or create a layout template for them by following the directions on this help page: title= >https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Creating-and-Managing-Layout-Templates-1976479577 -skye

Level 3
Hi Erin, You can customize the home tab via your layout template. And you have the ability to add up to 16 fields by pulling them in from your custom form. (I learned this at LEAP). For example - My " Project Details" custom form includes several fields. However my designers and copywriters only need to see what pertains to them. (ie: scope and project owner) . I added these two fields to the 'Customize Home' tab within the layout template and now that information shows up in the Home. This avoids my creative team (worker licenses) from having to click 4 times to get to the scope of the project. It really helps increase usability because they have this information at their fingertips! Hope this helps! Kathy Kathleen Palumbo Marketing Production Lead Blue Cross & Blue Shield of RI

Level 1
Kathy, Thank you for this tip- I was at LEAP too! To clarify, it sounds like I need to first create a custom form. What type of custom form did you make? (project, portfolio, program ,other?) OR Do I take a pre-existing custom form and just take elements from it and add it to the home page? Thanks for your help! Erin Koval Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.

Level 3
Hi, I have a (project) custom form that is attached to my all templates. I was able to pull elements directly from that form without having to create anything new. Kathy Kathleen Palumbo Marketing Production Lead Blue Cross & Blue Shield of RI