Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Push Notifications - feature request

Level 10
Hi - at the moment in Workfront, you have two options regarding notifications: A fixed set of 'instant' notifications in the web UI. These are OK, but are easily missed by users. The can be a little clunky to work through too, in terms of getting in and out to read them, and/or marking them read from the list. A whole range of optional email notificaitons. These are great....opt-in, and lots of choice. As a potential improvement to the instant notifications, has there been any thought of enabling browser Push Notifications? I use these on some other websites and reckon they could be great for Workfront, as they are more noticeable and readable. https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2015/03/push-notifications-on-the-open-web Regards, David
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hullo, David. Once again, we agree: in fact, in 2014, I wrote this blog post called Pushing The Limits and shared how I leveraged (and still do, in fact) a third party service to push notifications from Workfront to my iPhone. Since then, Anna G's team has enhanced the Workfront mobile app to support push notifications for certain events , too. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi Doug, Yep - I like the mobile notifications on Android and IOS, but would still like to see them on desktop/browser too. Cheers