Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proofing Workflows

Level 1
I am extremely new to Workfront so please forgive what may be a remedial question. Is there a way to make the proofing workflows part of the project you've assigned the workflow? When a designer uploads a proof they have to select a proofing workflow template from a long, dropdown list. It seems that should be part of the project that I've built. What am I doing wrong? Thanks everyone!
6 Replies

Level 7
As far as I know there's no way to determine a proofing workflow before a proof is uploaded. The designer needs to upload the proof first. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 1
Thank you for your input. It just seems that the proofing workflow should be project level not task level. The overall project has a defined proofing workflow (or should). Does that make sense? It seems there is some missing link between ProofHQ and Workfront.

Level 7
There is an approval process feature within Workfront but my understanding is that it facilitates the approval of projects and not proofs. Please let me know if you find a better solution to this problem. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 5
Sherry, agreed. There was definitely a communication issue when we covered this a few times before and after signing on with Workfront. We've been using review & approval for about 10 months (love the reviewer) and are about to launch into Workfront Core. I've been telling my team since last summer how we'll be doing the proof posting setup and routing differently once we're using the workflow templated projects. This is what we believed all along and was (still is) a surprise this spring that proofing setup and workflow will not work as we'd expected. I'm unsure on it actually will work now which is fun as I'm about to train them. Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council

Level 5
I put my proofing workflow in a drop down list in a form that the job ticket/issue submits. Then I create the same workflows in ProofHQ so when the designer uploads a proof, I go back to the issue to make sure I select the correct proofing workflow. Deanne Curley The Vitamin Shoppe

Level 5
This our big challenge, too. We have tasks that the proof needs to be reviewed by some combination of Account Executive, Art Director, Creative Director and Proofreader. In our previous system Traffic was able to set those up as part of the workflow and just assign the right people, so our designers do not know who should be reviewing which deliverable. I set up a task form with the names of the workflows and then text fields for the roles that would be assigned in that workflow. I put those fields on a view for Traffic and on the dashboard for the Designers. So, the designer has to assign the workflow and people, but they do have the instructions from Traffic. Kristine Ross Great West Life & Annuity Insurance Company