Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proofing losing markup when converted from issue to project

Level 10
We use the proofing tool to markup a document once its attached to a request (Issue). After the issue is converted to a project the document is attached to the new project but the proofing tool comments are not. We have a couple of workarounds in place such as moving the document from the issue to the new project. This moves the proofing comments as well however we avg 75 requests a week and to duplicate efforts is not only time consuming but causing us double work. Has anyone else run into this problem yet? Or are there any suggestions? Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect
7 Replies

Level 5
In the exact same situation. It's frustrating to our designers who work in the project when there are comments listed on the proof, but nothing there when opening it up. Darren Harper Arvest Bank Group Inc dharper@arvest.com

Level 2
So, just to make sure I understand the issue, when your requesters are submitting a new creative project request, they are providing a marked up proof at project intake and when the request is converted to a project, the marked up comments are lost? Gail Bruce Whirlpool Corporation

Level 10
That is 100% correct. Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 2
We have the same issue. There are certain projects where we like to mark up old files to note what needs to be changed. Kimberly Nixon Heifer International

Level 10
@Jacob Lemperle This is the thread we discussed for support request #1142879 . Thanks. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 2
Did anyone get this problem fixed? I'm curious because we are experiencing the same problem here with losing comments from proofing tool upon conversion issue to project. Help! I'm getting beat up over this by account planner who are having to re-do their proofing tool markups. We've tried to move documents from the issue and at times have "lost" those (they don't appear on the project somehow) so that is not a workaround for us.... Thanks for any help, Sharon Flynn University of Virginia Health System

Level 2
Here is the answer I got when I opened a help ticket. Just in case it's helpful to anyone else who searches on this. russellhowe (Workfront) Sep 26, 10:03 AM MDT Hi Sharon. The behavior you are seeing is due to the "Keep the original issue and tie its resolution to this project" being checked at the time the Issue is converted to a Project. This has to do with the proof being copied instead of being moved. When checking this box, the Document (not the proof) attached to the Issue is copied to the Project and the proof stays with the Issue. Since comments and markup are part of the proof and not the Document, they stay attached to the Issue. To have the proof move to the Project, you would need to convert the Issue to a Project while unchecking the "Keep the original issue and tie its resolution to this project" box. When unchecked, the Document and proof are moved to the Project which means the comments and markup move with it. Please let me know if I can help with any additional questions. Russell Sharon Flynn University of Virginia Health System