Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Promt vs filter on a report

Level 3

If i setup a report and say have in my filter - to filter by channel web, email, social

If i also set that as a prompt and on the prompt i just select web, does it overwrite the report filters with the prompt selection, or have i got to make sure what i set as a prompt isn't in the report filters

Many thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Dan.

If you set a filter in the report, and also make it a prompted report, the prompts will only refine the results that would otherwise be returned in the report.

E.g. I make a project filter that is "entry date = this year", and I add a prompt to the report for project status.

If I make no selections in the prompt when running the report, I'll get every project opened this year.

If I select "Active" in the prompt, I will only get projects that are in Active status AND were opened this year.

There is no way to use prompts to overwrite the filters that are set at the report level.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 3
Hi John thanks for the response back Cheers Dan Get Outlook for iOS<>