Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Projects - Planned vs Actual Hrs

Level 2
Hi Community, what are the impacts (if any) to the overall project if the assignee is recording only their actual hours and not planned hours? Many thanks in advance. Clement Woo Canon Australia
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Clement. Planned Hours can impact your overall % Complete calculated up at the project level (or Summary Task level). It'll can also impact your Planned Costs (and reporting of it) if your using Rates. Actual Hours impacts your Actual Costs if your using rates. So it just depends on what you're using them for (i.e. reporting certain things, etc.). We use Planned Hours to help calculate our projected project labor costs (and hours of course). We use Actual Hours/Costs to show how we did against those planned hours and costs (and to see how we're tracking to budget).

Level 2
hello Vic, thank you very much for your guidance. Cheers. Clement Woo Canon Australia

Community Advisor
To add to what Vic said, my org also uses the actual values to see if our plans and the templates are still accurate. When we first implemented Workfront we kinda guessed and went with gut feelings to have numbers in the plans but now that we have real data we use that to update the planned hours and durations in all of our templates. Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.