Expand my Community achievements bar.

Projected Completion Dates

Level 10
Can anybody tell me how in the world the Projected Completion Date would suddenly skip 2 weeks when the Planned Dates are working perfectly and without a problem? Why would it think we can't do this task in 1 day like it says? Jill Ackerman
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi - something that is also weird is that the task as the progress status of At Risk even though it isn't planned to start until April. I think there just might be some confusion in the calculation. Have you do Project Actions -> Recalculate Timeline to see if that updates anything? If so, I would definitely go to Support. Something is seems off for that task. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Well that was interesting. I did not in fact think to recalculate, which is good advice. When I went back to it this morning, the plan adjusted itself and now the Projected Dates are working as expected. Crisis averted. Thank you! (Note to self: recalculate!!) Jill

Level 4
Jill, I can't read the clip you added to the message you posted and i can't seem to enlarge it. 1. Check to see if the resource working on this task has set the commit date to two weeks ahead of your planned completion date. The commit date changes the projected completion date to match it. 2 Take a look at any predecessor tasks related to the task with the projected completion date that's 2 weeks out.. If you use the Gantt chart view and turn on "Projected Dates" you may be able to see the relationship of why the dates pushed out. Maybe an earlier task or tasks completed late or maybe the percent complete of a predecessor tasks in progress is not a high enough so WF is calculating a new projected date.
Chris Mueller PMO Manager Information Technology FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation office: 914-789-8853 mobile: 678-595-4704 NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, sensitive and/or privileged information, or information otherwise prohibited from dissemination or disclosure by law or regulation, including applicable export regulations. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any copies thereof.

Level 10
Hi Chris, The trick I found with that tiny clip dilemma is to hit Reply or Forward in the email, which opens an editable email panel. Then you can expand the size (and you don't have to really reply of forward, it's just to allow the edit).

Level 10
Hi Jill, If you'd like to simplify keeping your timelines up to date, I invite you to consider our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/force-timeline-recalculation/">Force Timeline Recalculation solution, which can be run ad-hoc, or scheduled (e.g. nightly) to run automatically. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads