Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project View - Actual Hours for Current Year

Level 10
I have a custom view for our Projects that I only want to display the Actual Hours for each task only for the Current year. For some reason I cannot get the text mode to work so I am reaching out in hopes that someone can see what I have done wrong. allHoursOM=entryDate_Range=$$YEAR displayname=This Years Act Hours linkedname=direct namekey=actualworkrequired querysort=actualWork textmode=true valuefield=actualWorkRequired valueformat=compound viewalias=actualworkrequired Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
That is an interesting idea Michael, I believe that Projects do have a (derived) amount of hours at that level, but it would be "in total", with no opportunity to break it into annual amounts. Similarly, although it is possible to filter for Projects by examining one of its collections (such as Tasks, and -- possibly -- Task hours), the result would then "return" the Projects that match the filter (e.g. those Projects that HAD time entered within a particular year, which although somewhat useful, isn't quite what you're after. In theory, you could enumerate the collection of hours from the Project and suppress those that don't match fall within the year in question...but that would only give you a "dump" of the list of hours in that column of the list, rather than a total. Instead, I'd suggest your use an Hours report, filtered (or prompted) for hours whose Entry Date is within the year in question, with a SUM on the hours column, and grouped by Project, which should then result in the number (at the Project level) you seek. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads