Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Timeline View - Feature Request

Level 10
Hi all - I just logged the following feature request for a Timeline view. If you agree with the need, please copy the text (make any changes you like) and log it as your own feature request. The more demand, the better. Hi, Something I often get asked for is a timeline view of a project. Currently, the closest thing that exists in Workfront is a milestone path view. What we really would like is a real timeline view which gives an indication of where the key tasks/milestones fall along a time scale. One consideration is that we usually will require more events than just the main milestones to show on the timeline. I think it would work best if you had a 'Timeline' field on each task which if ticked would include it on the timeline. If you could then export the timeline to PDF....wow....that would be a hit with our PMs so that they can share it with non-Workfront users (including Execs). Their current workaround is to produce the timelines in Visio. This takes more time and costs us money to provide Visio licenses. Regards, David
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 1
This is a FANTASTIC idea! I completely concur.

Level 1
I agree this would be very benefical. I tried to do the same with the milestone views but since our projects vary greatly, they need to have different milestones. Being able to mark tasks as milestones and then create a timeline view would provide better flexibility for portfolio reporting. It would be ideal to be able to then combine a group of projects into a single report, showing the unique milestones for each. Today, I am manually creating reports such as this in Excel, or adding custom forms/fields to mark my milestones and then pulling those into my Workfront reports/dashboards.

Level 9
Great Idea. Thanks for submitting, David!

Level 2
Yes, that feature would be much appreciated! thank you for suggesting!

Level 4
A timeline would be great, especially if the PDF title could be edited to say something bedsides "Exported Timeline." ~Jeff

Level 10
Great feedback. Please submit a feature request if you have not done so already. Thanks

Level 1
Great idea! Thanks for suggesting! Terri

Level 2
Would love this! Currently have to create in another tool.

Level 10

David (et al), I invite you to consider an AtAppStore solution that is similar to the Timeline concept you've described.

With our UberGantt , you can create a customizable, printable Gantt of ANY Workfront Projects and Tasks of interest.

You simply s elect

the Gantt Template (e.g. the "left columns")

ANY Project Filter (e.g. "Projects Over 80% Complete")

ANY Task Filter (e.g. "Tasks With Only One Parent")

ANY Date Range (e.g. "1 month back, 5 months forward)

the a Group Separator (e.g. "By Project Owner")

And then run UberGantt to get a Gantt Chart with bars for ONLY those Tasks on a single row per Project…even Plotter Size.

It’s the ultimate Big Picture, and currentl one of our most intruiging areas of our R&D, as I've illustrated in the attached file.

I'd appreciate your impressions!

Regards,

Doug0690z000007ZkXhAAK.png