Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project Status Report w/Go-Live Details included

Level 4
Greetings! We have the need to generate a project status report that incorporates go-live details for the project. Our projects can have multiple go-live dates, and this is where the difficulties are coming in. Options we've considered: 1.) Create a new project custom form including the status fields we need, and also the go-live details. The problem here is that we would have to generate 10 go-live sections as our projects can have up to 10 go-lives. This presents a problem when we try to report on the status and go-live details, as the user would have to enter the date range they want to look at in all 10 of the go-live date fields in the report prompts (not ideal in the least). This would result in at least 10 columns on the report which is too large, and past go-lives would also display in the report. 2.) Task custom form - we created a custom form that we placed on the parent task to document the status and stoplight color for the project, and then each go-live date would be a child task. The problem here is that the project name and any other project related details we pull into the task report for reporting would display on each task row. We want the project name to be a hyperlinked field and only display once per project. How are others reporting on their project go-lives? Milestones are not an option for us at this time. Does anyone have any thoughts on using sharecol to stack the project name, project owner, project reference number, and task name in one field with the ability to surpress the project name from all tasks other than the parent task? Is this possible? Any help is greatly appreciated! Mel
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi: We have a custom attribute called “Standard Milestone”. We don’t use WorkFront milestones because you can only assign a milestone one time within a single project plan for inexplicable reasons. We also have multiple go-live events in a single plan. We have a Standard Milestone unimaginatively called “Go-Live”. We assign that standard milestone to any number of go-live events in a plan. Then, we have a Gantt chart report that shows all the go-live events. We also have a report that shows all of the tasks where the standard milestone is “Go-Live”. It is a vertical report, not a tabular report. I’ve used ShareCol (I learned how from people on this forum!) and I think you can produce the report you want using Sharecol. If you have a sanitized mock-up of what you’d like to see, I bet people here can give you hints on how to create it. Thanks! Eric

Level 10
Hi Mel, If your audience appreciates "gorgeous", by using the technique Eric described, you could then present the information using our "http://store.atappstore.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/UberGantt.png">UberGantt solution (see screenshot), Grouping by Portfolio (or Project Owner, or Project Type, etc.), with each Project shown as a row, and each release Task (only?) shown as independant Gantt bars on that row, and (wouldn't this be cool) coloring them by status, or Phase, or whatever else makes sense. Regards, Doug