Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project stage change report

Level 2

I am creating a report to on stage changes . A project has been to X stage before moving to others. If it has been to stage X then there would be a system update .

Since we donot have any time stamp field. I have tried using the Notes report to leverage system update feature. But for one project there are multiple rows as there are different system updates.

Is there a way I can search --

All projects where any one of the the project's audit text (system updates) does not contain "has been approved" text.

( Trying to identify the projects which didnt go through the approval stage)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 8

Hi Abhipsita, in your Notes report, you can use this filter:

0690z000008aFskAAE.png

Level 2

Hi Adina,

Thank you for you response, I have tried this but how do I add make sure that this filter is picking all projects where atleast one of updates does not contains "has been approved" .

Just updated my question .

Level 8

That's a tricky one! I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Level 10

Now one thing I don't think you will be able to do is use the filter Does Not Contain "Has Been Approved" because then you will get updates about project name changes, due dates changed, etc. Remember, each note is separate. I think you want something that looks at all the notes for a project and then reports back if none of them say Has Been Approved. I have no idea how you'd do that.

BUT... if you want one to show you each ones have been approved, that we should be able to do. I have one kind of similar I did for HR and IT. It is to show the date and time when someone completed a tasks so we have an easy to see audit trail especially when it comes to terminated employees.

I would do a Note report where the filter is Audit Text Contains "Has Been Approved" and then to make sure that you are only looking at projects and not something else, I would do Task ID is Blank, Issue ID is Blank, and Document ID is Blank.

I would also add a filter where Project Status equals the status that are AFTER Has Been Approved should be. That way you aren't seeing projects that haven't gotten to that stage yet.

Level 10

OH!! An idea... what are the statuses just before and after the approval? For example, if it is New, Has Been Approved, Current, Complete... you could do a report where the filter is Audit Text Contains Status changed from "New" to "Current". That would show you people who cheated!

Not sure of your exact process, but that might help :)

Level 2

Hey Great idea, i tried but in the update it doesn't show changed from Idea to Current.

Its like --- Abhipsita Bose changed the status to Current.

Level 10

So weird! I just did another test to see and this is what I see..

0690z000008aGfIAAU.png

For this report I just did audit text contains Status changed from " (and then added Entry Date of this week so I didn't millions or returned items. LOL!)

Level 10

Hi Abhipsita,

Returning to your original question...

I suggest you add a Calculated Custom Datetime Parameter to the Project form(s) called First Approval Date, save form (so the parameter will “exist”), then set its formula to something like this:

IF(ISBLANK(First Approval Date),IF(Status=“CUR:A”,$$NOW,First Approval Date),First Approval Date)

In this fashion, as Projects that take the expected stages and “hit” the Current Pending Approval (CUR:A) stage, this First Approval Date will then be filled in to commemorate that fact...and you can then also easily filter for Projects that are Current but have a blank First Approval Date (ie skipped the Approval stage).

This approach will work going forward; noting that there’s a bit more involved to account for existing data (eg adapting the formula to either default a historic assumption prior to a certain date, or allow a SysAdmin to provide a manually entered First Approval Date Override, etc).

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

Thank you. I tried using Approval Path Start date is Null - looks like it worked