Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project Field into Task Report

Level 2
Hi everyone, We have a unique accounting ID that we have put into a custom field on the company level. We would like to pull a task level report that has that company ID field as well. I would prefer not to have to do a lookup in Excel, but I'm not seeing an easy way to pull a custom company level field into a task report. Any ideas? Thanks! Kate Kate Elliott
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Add a new column to your report and convert it to text mode code. Copy and paste the code below into this new column and update the info in yellow highlights as indicated. Hope this helps! valueformat=HTML textmode=true linkedname=project valuefield=DE:project:company: displayname= * A quick way to generate the text mode code is to find an object that is linked to the object you are using. So for your situation, I created a Task based report. You can include fields from the Project object in a task based report easily in report builder. If you examine the list of fields available within the project field list you will see Portfolio ID, Company ID, etc. The ID field itself is pretty cryptic and not very useful for most reports, however, if gives you an avenue to pull other fields from that object. If you select one of these ID fields for your report and convert it to text mode code, you can do some minor edits to replace ID with the field from the object that you really want to display. A common one we use is Portfolio Name, since Portfolio Name is not readily available from a Task based report, I add project > portfolioID as a column, then I go into text mode code and replace portfolioID with portfolio:name to display the portfolio name instead of the ID. * Note if you are trying to do this with a custom field you will need to include "DE:" at the beginning of the valuefield= expression. ** You can find a list of objects, the associated fields, collections, etc. in the API explorer: API Explorer | Workfront Developers Admin Kelly-Wehrmann

Level 2
This worked beautifully! Thank you! Kate Elliott