Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Private Stages not actually private with automated workflows?

Level 2
Hello, I'm having trouble getting a private stage to remain private when I create an automated workflow. For example: Stage 1 - Internal Proof (set as private & locked after all decisions are made) Changes are needed on the first version of artwork, so a second version is uploaded. This second version gets approved. Stage 2 - External Proof (is activated after all final decisions have been made on stage 1) When the new set of reviewers & approvers open up the proof, they can see both versions 1 & 2! Only the comments are hidden/private. My Question: How should the workflow be setup so that stage 1/version 1 artwork remain private/hidden? I want stage 2 reviewers & approvers to only see version 2 artwork. Thanks for your help! Martha Tolan Whole Foods Market, Inc
3 Replies

Level 2
Hi Martha, Stage2 reviewers&approvers should only see version2 of such proof. Could you please raise a ticket with our support team with an example of the proof in question. We would need to analyze all proofing and user's settings to understand what's happening. Katarzyna Jasiak Workfront

Level 2
Hi Katarzyna, Thanks for replying! I knew something funky was happening with that private stage! Do I just email Workfront Customer Support about this? Martha Tolan Whole Foods Market, Inc

Level 2
Hi Martha, Yes, you can email Workfront Customer Support (support@workfront.com). We would need some examples of proofs to identify scenarios for this private stage case (account name, proof name, owner of proof, when it was created - some basic information that would help us to find this proof and replicate behavior). Please feel free to mention that this case was discussed with me, so that support team will assign the ticket directly to my team. Katarzyna Jasiak Workfront