Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Printing a Proof with Comments

Level 10
Hi Please upvote my Idea that ProofHQ gets the ability to print an entire document that includes the comments. Right now you can only print the pages with the comments, or download the document with no comments. (If there is a way to do this then I can't figure it out!). I couldn't find an existing idea to upvote so I created a new one.
7 Replies

Level 10
(edited to add: we have Workfront with ProofHQ integrated) I have had good results by clicking on the little PDF button to the left of the giant green Print button. The little PDF button pops up a message that says it's going to do something (I forget what the message is) and then a few minutes later you get an email with a link. When you click on the link, you get the full PDF with all your pages and the markups. Steps to duplicate: 1) when looking at the list of files in your documents folder, select one, and click on the Print Summary link 2) we select the "full pages" option from the dropdown next to "Show" (upper left corner) 3) in the upper right corner where it says Print in a green box, we select the little PDF icon next to it 4) wait for the email.... wait for it... go get a coffee.... -skye

Level 10
Hi Skye I just tried what you suggest clicking the PDF button with a 16 page document with one comment on page 14. A big red arrow to the place pointing to where the comment should be shows up, but the comment itself is nowhere to be found. The summary page on the last page says there's one comment and who made the comment, but does not list the actual comment. Jill Ackerman | Director, Product Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com

Level 9
I've tried a few of the different solutions for downloading/printing comments and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. When you go with the PDF option (where its emailed to you), I believe the comments are embedded in the PDF. So you'll see the arrow, boxes, etc; mouse over them and the comment should appear. You can print that by choosing the "print summary" option in Adobe. Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 10
hey Jill, not sure how best to help. I feel as though your next step would be to get a helpdesk ticket going. If you like, I can email you the markup PDF I got through using the steps I posted before, so you can indicate to the helpdesk what you should be getting, as opposed to what you're currently getting. We've been using this feature since May and it's always given us this result via emailed PDF. -skye

Level 10
Oh, PS: and what Anthony says is correct: the markups are converted to PDF markups so hopefully this is not what is hanging you up... I click on Tools / Comment in Adobe Acrobat to get a list, or as he mentioned you can print the PDF out with a list of comments. -skye

Level 5
Hi Jill, I upvoted your request, the solution that is now available Workfront is not optimal. Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 10
Ok I see it now. When I open it in Acrobat and specifically look at the comments, they are there. Problem solved. THANK YOU. Jill Ackerman | Director, Product Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com