Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Preventing future edits after final versions of documents (non-ProofHQ)

Level 9
I've been looking high and low for how to prevent users from making any future edits to documents that have followed the review/approval process and a final version has been approved. I know you can 'check-out' a document however that doesn't prevent any other user with manage rights from checking-in said document. Is there a way to lock down this file - either by removing permission rights from it and NOT removing team members from the project? All recommendations, ideas, tips welcome....I've been through a ton already. This is for inside WF - and is intended for use outside of ProofHQ. Thanks!! p.s. if anyone else has tips on FINRA compliance, feel free to shout them out. Christina Jarosz Ascensus
4 Replies

Level 2
I'm not sure if there's a better way, but my agency manually changes the sharing permissions for each approved document. Our project coordinators and operations team goes into the document share menu and removes any permissions that are inherited to revoke any manage or contribute access. The project coordinators and operations team then share the document with the applicable teams using View access. This removes the check-in and delete option for the users. Matt Harabin McCann Managed Markets McCann Health

Level 4
This is a great use case for Workfront Fusion, especially for compliance. We've been working on FINRA compliance through heavy automation for a Fortune 100 company -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com Helpful? Buy me a coffee: https://www.patreon.com/mlayten - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 9
@Susan Pfeil created an Idea Exchange item for this issue as well. Please help up vote it! https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360014566134-Ability-to-Lock-Documents?page=1... Jennifer Stevens Disney Financial Systems

Level 10
Thanks, Jennifer! Having the ability to control document actions (uploading or downloading) is important. Susan