Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Prevent A Task From Becoming "Ready To Start" (Can Start = True) Until A Certain Date/Time Is Reached

Level 8
Is there a way that anyone knows of to prevent a task from becoming "Ready to Start" (Can Start = True) until a certain date/time is reached even if the predecessors are complete? Example: We have digital content that shouldn't be posted to the client's site until 8/29 or after. The predecessors for creating the content have been done and completed, but we don't want it to come up in the "Ready to Start" for our content posters until 8/29. Right now it does appear as ready to start despite the fixed start date we set of 8/29. Ideally, we would like it not in their ready to start (Can Start = True) until the start date. I know the argument here will be they should just pay attention to the start date -- however, it is confusing to the users when something in the work requests in their My Work says "Ready to Start" when it is in fact not ready. And project managers would rather them not see at all until start date. Matt May Director of Operations Stream Companies
2 Replies

Level 4
Set the task constraint to fixed dates. Or start no earlier than. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Another option is creating a dummy task that's a pred for your main task. Then you can control the date with the dummy task. And your main task has the Can Start value you want. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone