Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Predecessors: Task Date Roll Up Based on Date Change?

Level 10
Does anyone know if there is a code or sequence to adjust dates rolling up to a task? For instance, task #44 has a start date of 6/5 but changes to 6/10. Task #2 has a duration that begin 3 weeks prior and those dates need to reflect 6/10 minus the 3 weeks. I was thinking it was a fs-3 weeks but not certain how to enter in predecessor field. Any help would be great. Thank you.
7 Replies

Level 3
You would actually want to make Task #2's constraint "As Late As Possible" and in Task #44 the predecessor would be 2fs+3weeks. Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 10

0690z000007Zid4AAC.jpgHi, Shelly.

I've attached an image to help illustrate. In this case are you saying I need to make Task #2 As Late As Possible and for Task #6 predecessor would be 2fs+3 weeks in order to roll up and change Task #2 to be 28 days prior?

Thank you!

Susan

Level 3
You would want to put that in task #7 since task #6 is a "parent" task. But yes, make task #2 As Late As Possible. That should give you the end date of task #2 3 weeks before task 7 (and by default task 6) begins. One more question, is task 7 a hard start date? If so, that task constraint should be Must Start On. Let me know if that works for you. If not, we can talk through it further. Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 10

Hi!

Yes, task #7 is the set date. What is the correct code to put in Task #7? I tried the 2fs+3w but it didn't work. I updated the image.0690z000007ZiczAAC.jpg

Level 10
Task 2,3 & 4 need to start prior to 6/14/17. Task 2 needs to start 28 days prior to task #7.

Level 3
Susan - If you shoot me an email I will send you my contact info. A conversation would be much easier I think. (srlong@pier1.com) Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 10
Thank you. Just sent you an email.