Expand my Community achievements bar.

Please share your advice with Workfront's Implementation Team!

Level 1
My name is Matt Furlong and I'm one of the Implementation Managers here at Workfront. Our goal as the implementation team is to help consult, guide, and assist with the implementation of Workfront. I'm here today because I want to continually improve how we deliver Workfront. We want every instance of Workfront to be wildly successful. We want to help you implement and iterate Workfront tailored to your specific needs and culture. I'd love your help making our implementation process even better. Please provide your insights, experiences, and thoughts on the following questions in the comments: What was the key moment during your implementation when you knew (or felt) that Workfront would be successful in your organization? Was there a specific person or team that defined that key moment? Without mentioning names, what about them defined success for you? If you rolled out Workfront to multiple teams within your organization, what seems to be the consistent turning point for new teams to adopt Workfront? Conversely, was there a moment where you had to pause because you knew that a team wasn't ready for Go Live? We want to continually improve what we do in Professional Services and how we do it. So your time and feedback is absolutely appreciated.
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Matt - please see my answers below. What was the key moment during your implementation when you knew (or felt) that Workfront would be successful in your organization? Whilst of course we had to already be confident that we would be successful in order to commence the project, we did have a range of challenges early on during implementation - especially some major performance issues due to bugs, which caused users to be complaining all day long for a couple of months. So, one of the turning points was when the performance issues were resolved by a software update! Around the same time, a couple of key senior managers were starting to access the reporting and better understood what Workfront was capable of and what was in it for them. Having them on-board helped settle down occasional cases of disquiet from users. Was there a specific person or team that defined that key moment? Without mentioning names, what about them defined success for you? As above, having senior management seeing and using the reporting helped significantly. This is not to understate the importance of making sure the regular users also were listened to and had their own wins with the system. If you rolled out Workfront to multiple teams within your organization, what seems to be the consistent turning point for new teams to adopt Workfront? Most teams became positive from the point of training onwards, when they saw that the company was investing in a modern, collaborative system that would actually help them be organised and more successful. Conversely, was there a moment where you had to pause because you knew that a team wasn't ready for Go Live? Absolutely - one of our larger and more complex business units had a significant amount of data to be migrated and they simply weren't up-to-date with preparing the data. Cheers, David

Level 1
Thanks David. I truly appreciate you sharing this information. It sounds like a lot of what you are saying is around momentum. Growing within your organization was helped by it. The momentum to launch was both helped by the reporting and challenged by the performance issues. The issue of momentum is one that we are particularly fascinated by. What creates that momentum during implementation? Is it a person, a culture, a process, or a team? It sounds like getting senior buy-in for you was critical towards creating momentum. And infusing the value culture was responsible for sustaining that momentum. Again, thanks so much for your time. Matt Furlong