Expand my Community achievements bar.

Parsing the "month" value from a date to display on a report

Level 3
Does anyone know how to parse the "month" value from a project completion date field to display on a report? I only need to display the month and not the entire date. Theresa Gibson Reed Technology and Information Services Inc.
6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Theresa, I haven't tried it myself but have you tried the calculated expression LEFT(string, length), where string would be your date field and length would be 2?0690z000007ZhoGAAS.jpg

Level 3
There is a calculated expression MONTH(date) that will allow you to parse out the month as a number. To add the words, you would need to wrap that in a case statement: CASE(Month({date}),"January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December") Dale Whitchurch Arthrex Inc

Level 3
Thanks. Do I include the expression in text mode on my report? The field that I'm trying to parse is the planned completion date. Theresa Gibson Reed Technology and Information Services Inc.

Level 3
Yes. My lazy coding way would be to add planned completion date as a column. Then switch to text mode. Find the line that is valuefield=plannedCompletionDate and change it to valueexpression= CASE(Month({plannedCompletionDate}),"January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December") Assuming that your field is within that item type on the report, that should be all you need. Dale Whitchurch Arthrex Inc

Level 3
Thanks so much Dale. It worked! Theresa Gibson Reed Technology and Information Services Inc.

Level 3
Thanks Vic. Theresa Gibson Reed Technology and Information Services Inc.