Expand my Community achievements bar.

on-boarding/new employee template

Level 2
Hi, During Leap I heard of many companies having an on-boarding/new employee template. Was wondering if anyone would mind sending me theirs for an example/starting point. Would love to see how the workflow is setup and what training is suggested for Workfront and how the integration with outside departments is listed. Thank you - Chantelle Chantelle Herburger MultiCare Health System
20 Replies

Level 6
Hi @Chantelle Herburger We have training templates for each role - PM, Creative Team, Account Manager (Requester) - that I can share. Are you interested in a specific type or all? Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Program Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Employee Advisor

@Catherine Hayes‚ I know this discussion was from a year ago, but I wanted to reach out and see if that new hire/on-boarding template is still available and if so, would you mind sharing?

We are discussing the importance of project templates in an upcoming Workfront Wednesday:Did You Know? blog and I was hoping for a customer-user case. I think this would be a GREAT read, especially for new system administrators.

Let me know!

Level 1

@Catherine Hayes‚ I found this post and I am likewise interested in your template. Can you share please.

Let me know!

Lorraine

Level 2
Hi Catherine, I would be interested in these templates as well. Thanks, Dave Dave Koch

Level 3
Hello Catherine, I would also be interested in these templates. Debbie Scalf BCBST - Corporate Communications

Level 1
I would be interested in receiving these templates as well. Hallee Conkey Cambria Company LLC /CUSA

Level 1
Hi @Catherine Hayes - These sound awesome! If you are up for sharing the wealth I would love to receive them as well. Thanks so much, Aly Aly Hoover Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Level 2
Hi @Catherine Hayes , I would love them all if you wouldn't mind sharing them all! Thank you! Chantelle Chantelle Herburger MultiCare Health System

Level 2
Would love also, if you can share. TY!! Jennifer Cournoyer ADV-COMM

Level 1
I'd love those templates, too! Sherry Chaudoin NRF

Level 2
Same here - particularly for the Account Manager / requestor role. Thank you! Sarah Juckniess Cal Alumni Association

Level 4
Please please share -:). I definitely need this as well. Leslie Tanner CreativeDrive

Level 3
Hi Chantelle - we presented and spoke about our on-boarding template, I'm working with Workfront to figure out a way to share it because I don't have MS Project. Connie Connie Sutherland, CPPM CareerBuilder

Level 2
Thank you for the update! Your presentation was one of my favorites at LEAP this year. Hopefully workfront can assist and you are able to share the templates as they would be highly beneficial to many I'm sure. Chantelle Herburger MultiCare Health System

Level 6
PDFs of our Worker, PM and Requester templates are attached. HTH! Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Program Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 10
Attached are two templates we just created: 1) is for the Manager and contains the tasks they need to take care of before the new hire walks in the door 2) is for the new hire (Senior IP or PM) level for them to work through These contain more than just the WF-related tasks but hopefully are useful! Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 3
Attached are the items referred to in our presentation: On-boarding Template used within our Marketing organization and the two custom views. You can import this into your Workfront environment by clicking the "New Project" button and selecting "Import MS Project". I hope you find them useful, and thank you to those who were able to attend the session. I look forward to seeing you all next year. Quick note - under the "Team Tools and Systems" training task, I custom add training dates based on the number of new users in the system, which system I will be training them on (ie. Workfront) and coordinate across the team to try to be more efficient with training overall. Connie Connie Sutherland, CPPM CareerBuilder

Level 1
This is super interesting! thank you, Katherine Michael Hanson Intermountain Health Care, Inc.

Level 10
Connie, I am having trouble viewing the XML file you attached. Any chance you can export your onboarding template as a pdf to share? THanks! Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 7

Realizing that this generous offer is quite old, but if the offer should still be on the table - we'd love to see a copy too.