Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Offering Workfront API assistance for those who are interested...

Level 2
All, Seemed like there was a lot of needs around integrations and how to use the API to automate workflows, and business process... Since there was so much interest, we would be willing to overview what we have been able to accomplish with the API and assist your setup with recommendations. Michael Stewart 828-406-8078 |
7 Replies

Level 2
Michael - that would be great. We are starting to have the conversation around how we can automate some of the requests that come in instead of having to manually convert them into projects. Once we flush out our needs and planned improvements, I will reach out to see what you accomplished with the use of APIs.

Level 1
Hi Michael, Could you please let me know if there is a way to upload documents to issues via Workfront API ? Upload to "Document" section. We have successfully automated the issue creation part of it. Regards Karthik. K Karthik Kanthaswamy

Level 2
You will need to replace apiKey: Your-API-Key-Here with your actual API key. There are 2 steps to get this to work. [Step 1] You have to upload the file first, then [Step 2] assign it to a workfront object. [Step 1 Example]: POST /attask/api/v9.0/upload HTTP/1.1 Host: samaritan.attask-ondemand.com apiKey: Your-API-Key-Here Cache-Control: no-cache Postman-Token: de81eb01-fd4f-4b8d-97bc-1888139d6a37 Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----WebKitFormBoundary7MA4YWxkTrZu0gW ------WebKitFormBoundary7MA4YWxkTrZu0gW Content-Disposition: form-data; name="uploadedFile"; filename="boone.jpeg" Content-Type: image/jpeg ------WebKitFormBoundary7MA4YWxkTrZu0gW-- [Step 2 Example] : POST /attask/api/v7.0/document?docObjCode=OPTASK&objID=5a9ef1b601625e782215beac5b00262c&handle=602af30a3f154d17a11d8dea0151614b&name=boone.jpeg HTTP/1.1 Host: samaritan.attask-ondemand.com apiKey: Your-API-Key-Here Cache-Control: no-cache Postman-Token: 49918c1d-8492-4961-99f9-c0495b0e6d5b Michael Stewart PMP Samaritan's Purse

Level 1
Thanks alot Michael, Could you please let me know how to create a issue with Workfront API? (What HTTP method to use, Field names etc.) If you can help me with a documentation if any available online. It will be really helpful. Regards Karthik.K Karthik Kanthaswamy

Level 2
If you want to do a quick screen share I could explain much more quickly that way. Others could join as well if that is helpful. I would probably explain how the WF api docs work and how to utilize them, how to utilize POSTMAN and how to start building test api calls that you can use yourself or pass off to a developer to automate. I have some availability the week of 4/23 let me know know some times that week that work for you if you want to meet. Michael Stewart PMP Samaritan's Purse

Level 1
Hi Michael, I will be more than happy to attend the screensharing session. But situation demands it ASAP. I just want the API call details for creating a issue ticket. I will be happy if you can share me some links where I can find the detailed documentation. Thanks Karthik. K Karthik Kanthaswamy

Level 2
Ha. There is always a deadline. here is an example of what you are looking for using Javascript: var data = null; var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest(); xhr.withCredentials = true; xhr.addEventListener("readystatechange", function () { if (this.readyState === 4) { console.log(this.responseText); } }); xhr.open("POST", "https://YOUR-INSTANCE-NAME-HERE.attask-ondemand.com/attask/api/v9.0/issue?method=POST&name=hello%20world%21&projectID=YOUR-PROJECT-ID-HERE"); xhr.setRequestHeader("apiKey", "YOUR-API-KEY-HERE"); xhr.setRequestHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache"); xhr.send(data); You will need to replace these string with your own relevant ones: YOUR-INSTANCE-NAME-HERE YOUR-PROJECT-ID-HERE YOUR-API-KEY-HERE Hope this helps. Michael Stewart PMP Samaritan's Purse