Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Notification of Approve or Reject Request Items

Level 1
We would like to notify requesters of the change in status of their request, e.g. if it was approved by their manager or rejected. We would also like the ability for the person rejecting requests to provide a custom message to the initiator of why the request was rejected. Has anyone found a way to do this? I'd love to hear how. Donna Donna Liotta National Safety Council
1 Reply

Level 10
I discovered in the Approval process that when you Approve or Reject in the Request itself, it doesn't provide a comment box, it just Approves or Rejects (and you'll have to comment in the Updates of the request). However, if the Approver goes to My Work (I assume Home is similar), and to Approvals, when they Approve or Reject with this method it DOES give them a comment box. See attached. So it's inconsistent and I've opened a ticket with Workfront, but I got the usual "by design" nonsense. But if you direct your users here, they can do it as they Reject (or Approve). Otherwise you'll have to tell them to update and tag the person in the Update tab.