Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New Resource Scheduling Tool - Terminology

Level 6
Hey guys - anyone else notice that the new resource scheduling tools don't take on the terminology as defined in a user's layout template? We replace "Programs" with "Campaigns" and "Projects" with "Jobs" for our marketing people. I was told by support that this area doesn't support the terminology replacement. I understand not updating the applications that are scheduled for depreciation, but I thought Workfront would provide this functionality in new applications. I've placed an idea in the exchange in the SETUP area (it had more followers than people / teams) -- if this may be an issue for you, please vote it up "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115004261174-Allow-new-RESOURCE-SCHEDULING-area-to-use-terminology-defined-in-layout-templates" here Marty Gawry - CapabilitySource
4 Replies

Level 10
Did they really say it wasn't in scope?! Wow. Jamie Hill JLL Global

Level 10
I guess we're lucky that the standard terminology suits us so we haven't changed it. However, I totally agree that if they let you customise the terminology in some parts of the system then it should take effect across all key areas, otherwise users will get very confused. The ability to change terminology is a fairly new feature so you would think this should be in the roadmap for all key areas of the system. David Cornwell

Level 6
I was testing the terminology change functionality last week and noticed the same thing. I opened different tickets for the diff areas that are not inheriting the new terminology (Scheduler, Resource Planner, Utilization view) but our support person hasn't communicated to us what the dev team is planning to do yet. The terminology change was not working in Home either but our support person told us that they've set a resolution deadline to the middle of December for that defect. Fingers crossed that they plan on addressing the other areas soon. Justin Renteria SSFCU

Level 10
There's a few examples of disjointed product management. Another that stuns me is the new Home Calendar and how it doesn't show pre-planned work. A large part of the functionality in Workfront (Resource Planning, Scheduling, Assignment contouring) focuses on providing project/resource managers full control over the work assigned to resources. We have whole teams dedicated to carefully planning out all this work, however the new Home Calendar (first version at least) junks all that and just shows users the due dates for their tasks and lets them work out what they will work on and when....hiding and undoing all that scheduling effort. It's like Home was designed as an ad-hoc task list integrated with Office 365 as a higher priority than being integrated with all the assignment data from projects in Workfront.....what the??? David Cornwell