Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Need help with text mode

Level 2

I'm just learning how to use text mode so I am struggling. I am trying to write a task report that includes information from a custom form that is attached to the project. On the form I included a date field called "Date project went Current" to show when the Status changed to Current (input manually when form is completed). Then I need a column to calculate the Due On date which is 30 days after the project went Current. This is the column I'm having trouble with. I cannot figure out the text mode needed to calculate the 30 days after current date.

Any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Level 3

Hi Brenda,

Please try the following. I think it should do what you want.

displayname=Due On Date

textmode=true

valueexpression=ADDDAYS({DE:Date project went Current},30)

valueformat=atDate

Hopefully that helps!

Kathy

Level 3

Oops! I also meant to add...please make sure your "Date project went Current" field is a "Date" type field on your custom form. Otherwise, this will not work properly.

Level 2

Thank you Kathy. I tried your suggested text and unfortunately it did not work. I did confirm that it is a date field in my custom form. Any other thoughts

Level 3
Hi Brenda. Honestly, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. It does work for a date field I have on a custom form. Is it just showing a blank column, or is it giving you the wrong date?

Level 2
Hi Kathy, It's just showing a blank column. Thanks, Brenda Brenda Lemmon Alpine Banks of Colorado

Level 10
Try wrapping your date field in the DATE function. ADDDAYS(DATE({DE:Date project went Current}),30) Also, make sure that your custom field characters are the exact same since this is case-sensitive. Narayan Raum Workfront CoE Manager & Delivery Lead SunTrust Bank

Level 2
Darn it! That didn't work either. Thank you. Brenda Lemmon Alpine Banks of Colorado

Level 10

Try wrapping your date field in the DATE function.

ADDDAYS(DATE({DE:Date project went Current}),30)

Also, make sure that your custom field characters are the exact same since this is case-sensitive.

Level 2

Hi Narayan, No, it's a task report. Here is the screen shot.

0690z000008K8u3AAC.jpg

Thanks, Brenda

Brenda Lemmon Alpine Banks of Colorado

Level 10

I'd reach out to Workfront. I created the field in a sandbox, added it to a task report, and added the calculated column and the date pulled in as expected, with + 30 days.

0690z000008K8u8AAC.png

Level 2

Very interesting! Thank you Narayan. I was beginning to think the same thing about reaching out to Workfront. I will definitely do that. Thanks again, Brenda

Level 10

Hi Brenda,

I suspect changing valueformat=HTML instead of valueformat=atDate.

Does this work?