Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

My Work vs. Home

Level 2
I have been trying to locate more information on when the My Work option will be disabled and completely replaced by Home. I thought there was a deadline as to when it was going to be forced, but I cannot locate. Can anyone share that information with me? Thanks! Seanna Hernandez Equifax Inc. - Workforce Solutions
14 Replies

Level 7
Hey @Seanna Hernandez My understanding is that My Work was due to be removed with the 19.1 release but as they are still developing Home both will remain and I don't think there is a hard cut of date set for My Work removal now. Thanks, Vicky Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 2
Thank you! I was thinking that might have been the case but couldn't find anything definitive about it. I appreciate your response! Seanna Hernandez Equifax Inc. - Workforce Solutions

Level 10
That was my understanding as well. They've indefinitely postponed the removal of My Work (for now).

Level 7
Hi Seanna, Vicky and Vic are spot on. We originally intended to remove it with 2019.1, but due to feedback, and the fact we don't feel WF Home is quite ready, we've opted to keep My Work around until we're comfortable that the user experience won't be a poor one. Keep an eye on your Announcement center for updates, as I suspect it will likely be removed at some point this year, but that's just my personal suspicion there. Have a fantastic day! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Just to paint in some more detail as to why My Work hasn't been removed, we were one of the customers providing feedback that Home wasn't yet ready as a replacement. Specifically for us, the issue is that the Home Calendar doesn't show pre-planned work (hours per day etc). This is a big issue for us and so we have lobbied hard on this. My understanding is that My Work will be retained at least until the Home Calendar is enhanced to show pre-planned work. I'm not sure if there is other functionality they're also working on as a prerequisite to shutting down My Work. David Cornwell

Level 5
Home is also missing a filter for the task start date. And switching filters for working on vs ready to work is much slower than tabs. So far the only benefit to Home is that the proof review deadlines are displayed. Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 2
Dustin, With Home replacing My Work in the new Workfront Experience, are there any plans to visually separate tasks that I'm working on, tasks ready to start and approvals? This is the current issue my org has with adopting Home. Most of our users continue to use My Work in order to quickly see and quantify what is ready to start, what they're working on and approvals. Andrilita Rodriguez Mattress Firm, Inc.

Level 10
Hi Andrilita, Inevitably, there will be announcements letting you know that features are going away, features are coming, features are ready in preview, beta, classic, new, etc. and trying to coordinate and plan around these can drive you crazy. Since Workfront is a shared platform, changes like this aren't trivial and could take years to come to fruition if ever at all because they have so many competing priorities and a roadmap. What you've requested is reasonable and would benefit many, but it's not a bug and so I give it a low chance of being implemented anytime soon unless it was suggested otherwise. For this reason, I decided long ago to leverage Workfront's own reports and dashboards to give users a controlled, consistent and configurable experience when interacting with Workfront, resulting in the WFPro identity and suite of tools known as "packages". I invite you to explore "https://ddh.my.workfront.com/report/public/view?publicToken=IOZx2NPJAp9JuUphFe-6dXhNk2JtCDNE8hbuRbDdmjD4j76I4EoyHyg1UrpvcIedPUQjE8drme3H4ud1dXcA6MbizZJBlCIa&endcap" WFPro Work , a package that was developed with working on projects, tasks and issues in mind. The version of the package in this "https://youtu.be/JIeSWavMEC8?t=2199" recorded demo is a bit dated, but what it does show you is how reports and dashboards can be used to arrange work in ways that make sense. The package doesn't currently include task approvals, but adding a task report that shows users "Ready to Start" tasks and also excludes tasks with pending approvals is as follows: Thanks, Narayan

Level 5
Home needs to have the ability to sort by start date in order to have any use to my team. I'll be very unhappy if they discontinue My Work without making updates to Home. I've been watching and waiting but as of now I'm seeing no improvements being made. Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 7
Hey Aileen, We love hearing feedback on what our customers use and what their users find important in Workfront. In the New Workfront Experience, there is an option to submit feedback via the WF Home page. As this discussion pertains specifically to WF Home, I'd highly ask you to submit your feedback, as well as read over the ideas in the Idea Exchange, as I believe I do remember seeing mention of sorting and more easily distinguishing between object types there. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Employee
Does anyone know if there is a way to see if users are using the legacy My Work or the new Home screen? Thanks! Sarah Nau

Level 9
Hey @Dustin Martin ! I received in an announcement we have some users still using the legacy Working On calendar for teams. It says its due to be removed with the 2020.2 release. 1. Is there a way to know, from a report, who these users are? 2. Is there a date for the 2020.2 release? I can't seem to locate it. Lastly - is this the only change that the legacy users will be impacted by? We have a small subset of users that have chosen not to migrate to 'Home' and I'd like to know if they are losing any other functionality. This will help decide if they will go from legacy to NWE or just over to Home.

Employee
Hi Christina, To get a full report of who your users are that are using the legacy Working On calendar, submit a support ticket! As for your second question we haven't released a date for 2020.2 yet, but it will happen after 2020.1 goes live, so not for a little while still. As for other functionality that will be affected, we'll keep you updated. Follow the release articles as we update them with more and more information. Thanks for checking in! Kyna

Level 10
In case you're taking requests �� it would be nice if the deprecation of My Work coincided with the deprecation of the Classic view. We're still using My Work, so it would be cool if we only had one Change Management event instead of two. ��