Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

My Pending Task Approvals

Level 3
Hi All I think i may have come across a bug in the "My Pending Task Approvals" report that is built into Workfront. I was wondering why it wasn't returning any results when a Task Approval was set to a specific "Team" that i am a member of. When looking at the filter it shows the following: This looked odd to me as it hasn't separated the two references to the Team ID's that a user could be a member of. When i looked into the text mode for the above rule i see the following: If i go on to change the filter to so it looks like the following: The text mode still appears to show as: However the main difference here is that the space between $$USER.homeTeamID and $$USER.teamIDs is a single tabbed space, whereas in the original filter this is 4 normal spaces? My modified version does return the results i expect. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this, and if it is a problem then will Workfront fix this for past/future instances? It could be that i am misinterpreting what this filter is supposed to do? If anyone can check this or has additional comments that would be great. Thanks Jonathan Thain BT Group
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jonathan, When listing more than one value in texmode for an IN statement such as this, yes, as you've discovered, the values must be "tab" separated. Were someone to type in "4 spaces" (which look the same, visually), Workfront assumes they are part of the same single value. I suspect you are correct, and that for this built in report, the latter occurred. Although I do not believe such system reports can be edited, you could copy it, then fix, share, and use the copy. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 3
Hi Doug Yes that is what i thought that Workfront have produced an incorrect built-in report. My normal procedure with any report (if based on a built-in report) would be to make a copy anyway, then modify the columns etc... to suit my needs. This is what i have done in this case, but i tend to preserve the in-built reports (whether they work correctly or don't) I am aware that i can modify the buit-in report to fix the issue, but i just wanted to make sure it was an issue across all instances so that I can raise a support ticket for Workfront to fix this going forward as others may rely on a built-in report that doesn't function correctly out of the box. Thanks Jonathan Thain BT Group