Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Multiple Topic Groups with Separate Forms in a Single Queue

Level 1
Hello All, I'm trying to figure out how to have a queue with multiple Topic Groups that each have a separate custom form associated with them. I keep having all of the forms show up when I turn the issue into a project. I have all of the forms attached to my project template so I can pull that information to the project, but I only want to see the one that is associated with the topic group that was chosen in the request. I'm trying to avoid having a different queue for each of the topics. I have also thought of changing it to a single form and just using display logic to differentiate what fields are shown, but that doesn't seem ideal either. Thank you. Michele Vandelinde Infrastructure
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Michele, I believe if you have all the forms attached to the template, all the forms will appear when you use that template. There isn't enough logic in the system to know to delete the other forms in template. I do have a question for you, for these different Topics Group and Queue Topics, do they have different routing rules or just different forms and same? In my system, I have one that wanted different forms but there was only one routing rule. For that one, I did just do one form with display logic for that. I also have several that are different forms and different routing rules (I also have plenty that are same form and different routing rules. Aw, the spice of life). For that queue I did make separate ISSUE custom forms, but I just added the fields onto our one PROJECT custom form. Now this works for us, because people almost never access the information from the Project Custom Form directly. They see the information they want in reports, dashboards, or on their customized Home layout. So this works for us. If your people are used to going to the Custom Form area in Project Details, this might not work for you. Anthony Imgrund FCB