Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Moving Request form information to Project & Task forms

Level 4
Hello, Are there any methods to transfer information on a Request form to a Project and Task form? We have requests coming in that have project overview information along with work elements that would be future tasks. Using built in functionality we convert the Request to a Project, but have to manually enter the work element information as individual tasks. I've tested converting the initial request to a Project, then the same request to a task. This does transfer the custom field information to the project form and then the task form, but the task conversion overrides the initial resolving link between the Project & Request. The Resolving object can be manually changed by going to the Request Details Overview and manually changing it back to the Project, but these are many steps to teach and train. Was hoping there was a more streamlined process or workaround. Thanks, Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Andrew. Interesting challenge, splitting a single request into both a Project and a Task (for custom data). And yes, I can offer a solution. A few months ago, we created a (private) module for our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/ubercalc/">UberCalc engine that allows Workfront SysAdmins to define a subset of Custom Data at a parent level (Project, in your case) and have it automatically push down to a child level (Task, in your case) in the background. If I'm following your logic, this would allow you to convert the Issue to a Project (with the Resolving Object the way you want), but have some (or all) of the custom data then automatically push down from the Project to the Task(s) of interest. For background, for The Curious, the original usecase was to allow Marketing Teams to control certain information at the Program level Brief and have it push out (and override) the Program's current Project level Briefs, on mass: think "breaking news". Worked slick! Regards, Doug

Level 4
Hi Doug, I should have guessed that you had a solution for this! Looks very slick. Thank you for the background. Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090