Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Moving proofs from 1st review to second review

Level 2
Hi Workfront people, I wonder if your collected wisdom can help with an issue we have. We use ProofHQ with Workfront to manage approvals. In each project we have review cycles (Initial Design Review, Art Director Review, Editorial Review, etc.) and our designers move documents from one task to the next task as the project gets completed. So we navigate to our document, we highlight (but don't open) the document, we click "More" and then "Move" to 'Task" and then we start typing the name of the task. Once we find the task, we move the document to that task. But the task has to be in the right project. The problem is, our designers have to scroll through all of the current projects to find the correct task. It's so easy to select the wrong project or task, and sometimes there can be literally 50-60 tasks all called "Design Review" that have to be scrolled through. Is there a way to stay in the current project and only have to scroll through the tasks for that project? or any short cuts or helpful hints? Thanks Team! Hilary Markoe KVH Marketing
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
We avoided this by having our task descriptions direct all workers to upload or download from the documents tab at the project level. By the way, ALL file uploads to a task will roll up to the project level. So, from a reviewer or management standpoint, if someone is simply looking for all files, just send them to the Project's documents tab. BUT from a designer standpoint, if I want to locate a file specifically so I can add a version to that file, then my choices are to either move the file from task to task (as you mentioned) or just add to it at the project level and go there every time. I haven't had time to vet the WF+Adobe CC integration so I have no comments about whether that would make things different for your Designers. If they are primarily in InDesign and haven't yet tried out the integration, then maybe play with it a bit and give some feedback to WF. -skye

Level 2
Thanks Skye. We can look into this. We aren't using the WF DAM so will have to see if CC can really help us. Wish WF had a way to move from task to task within the project....would be much faster! But hey, I can hope. Hilary Hilary Markoe KVH Marketing

Level 10
Would definitely love to get more feedback from your designers on how the CC integration can help them. It hooks up their InDesign with their Task so that they can upload straight into the project. i.e. this is not for Workfront DAM, it's for Workfront. See this link for more info:

Level 7
We upload documents on the project level, there is little confusion as to where to find proofs and we don't need to move them from task to task. We keep track of the progress via tasks, updates, custom document forms, and statuses. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 5
Hello everyone - our designers are currently testing the workfront extension for adobe creative cloud so I will keep you posted. In regards to moving docs from task to task, each task has a unique reference number. This reference number can be entered into the task search field in order to find the exact task you are looking for immediately. This reference number can be found by clicking into the task and looking under the assignments. We've also added the task number as a column on our tasks tab. "https://s3.amazonaws.com/higherlogicdownload/WORKFRONT/UploadedImages/kaXvnabCQRyeVp07TlrS_TASKNUMBER2.jpg" target="ThumbnailFullImage" title="Image link"> "https://s3.amazonaws.com/higherlogicdownload/WORKFRONT/UploadedImages/KlgVZG4QF6xxeWWWyzGr_TASKNUMBER.jpg" target="ThumbnailFullImage" title="Image link"> Susan Hart NRG Energy, Inc.