Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Modify allocation on Scheduling Timeline

Level 10
I was having a little play around this, as one of our projects manager wanted to allocate his Planned Hours around some bucket tasks relevant with project management activities. He's a project manager, resource manager for the project and obviously have manage access to his tasks. The problem is he cannot modify his allocation and adjust planned hours on a given day. Did anyone come accross this problem ? I had a look at WF Help article and it says the same: The following types of users can view or modify user allocations in Workfront: Resource Managers: You can view and modify user allocations for tasks and issues on any projects for which you are the Resource Manager. For information about how Resource Managers can make changes to tasks and issues across projects, see "Managing User Assignments." All Users: You can view allocations for any tasks and issues you are assigned to by using the either calendar in your My Work area or the Working On calendar on a team that you are a member of. In addition to viewing allocations, you can modify your allocations if you have Contribute access to the tasks and issues.For more information about how to use the calendar in the My Work area, see "Viewing Assigned Work on the My Work Calendar." Any ideas about this ? Thanks, Dags
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi: Assignments are made thusly: · You have a task with a begin and complete date (that gives you a duration); · You have an allocation of labor (in hours or as a percentage of available labor) across that duration; · The labor is distributed on a daily basis by dividing the amount of labor by the duration - a linear, even distribution of the same number of hours for every work day on the task; You cannot allocate time on a non-linear daily basis within that duration. You can “curve fit” or well I forget what WorkFront calls it - it allows you to break up the allocation in a non-linear, but non-daily way. Does that help at all? Thanks, Eric

Level 10
Thanks Eric. What i'm trying to help him to do, is allocate different Planned Hours for given day. When I go to the same resource scheduling, I've got a chance to change his hours allocation on daily bases ( capture 1 ) and he can't see it for some reason from his account.. ( capture 2 ). And according what WF says he should do. Does it make sense?

Level 10
Ah, sorry I was really off track on that one. Yup, I see what you’re trying to do. Thanks for clarifying for me. Eric

Level 10
No problem :) Still waiting for some ideas about that tho.

Level 2
My guess is that the settings are not set the same. In the top right of the scheduling section, there is a little gear box that you can change settings for. Show user allocations needs to be marked yes to make changes.