Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Minneapolis Fall 2018 User Group Meeting Topics

Level 1
Hello All: We are excited to be hosting the upcoming Fall 2018 Minneapolis User Group Meeting at Thomson Reuters in Eagan. We are looking for topics of interest so we can ensure we have a good lineup for a great afternoon session. Are there key topics of interest that folks would like to see on the agenda for our August 28th Meeting? Please respond with suggestions and we will work with our Minneapolis Steering Committee to pull together. Thank you and we look forward to seeing many of you soon! Tina Vredeveld Thomson Reuters - Corporate
8 Replies

Level 4
Hi Tina - I would be interested to learn from others how they are finding success in using the new Resource Budgeting functionality that is replacing the legacy resource estimate. We are not having success and struggling to determine how the functionality will help us without introducing A LOT of extra work for our teams. In addition, if there are MPLS teams out there that have found a good way to use the new Resource Planning functionality, I'd love to hear about that. For us, we haven't been able to find the value and continue to face challenges when trying to do any type of resource planning within Workfront. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Sheila Sheila Miller | LEAN IS Process Analyst | | 9955 59th Ave N | Plymouth, MN 55442 | W 763-478-5778 CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this email communication is confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy all copies of this communication, including all attachments.

Level 4
Sheila, We are likely purchasing the "Optimize Resource Management" professional services package from Workfront which gives us 3 days of consulting to implement the new Resource Management. I'd be happy to provide an update on where we are at and lessons learned since we should have gotten through the pilot phase by then. I think there quite a few other users in our group who would also like to know more. Thanks, Jean Jean Chapdelaine Sr. Manager, Program Execution NovuHealth

Level 6
I can pull together some less advanced tips & tricks to share. Some ideas (and I am sure I'll come up with more). Relating dates across projects (we use this to align separate marketing projects with our product launches) Using custom Views/Filters/Groups instead of making report variants Embedding generic dashboards on projects to get project specific insights Matt Marks Banner Engineering Corp.

Level 2
Hi Tina, Some agenda ideas that I've gathered from my team include: Proofing process using integrated ProofHQ Managing timelines Also - I'm new to this community. HealthPartners is launching Workfront at the beginning of August! Is there a link somewhere to register to attend this session? Thanks, Matt Matthew Preston

Level 5
Hi Matthew, Here is the registration link:

Level 4
Hey All, Will lunch be provided at the user group tomorrow? I wanted to confirm since the user group falls over lunch time. Thanks! Shannon Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus

Level 5
@Shannon Bodick Yes! Food will be provided. See you tomorrow! Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager

Level 4
Thanks for the update! Just needed to know if I should try to eat lunch before or not. See you this afternoon! Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus