Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Minimizing impact of changing a custom field name

Level 1
Two questions: 1) Is there a way to get a list of the reports that utilize a specific custom field? 2) How can I formally change the name of a custom field (not just the column label) so I don't have to go into each report and reconnect the field after I make a change? Thanks for the help.
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Steve. We have a couple of solutions that might help. Report All Report Details generates an Excel spreadsheet with details about Reports in your Workfront environment. You select a Workfront object type (Project, Task, Issue, etc.) and it documents which fields are referenced by each Workfront report, and documents which fields are used in the Filter, View, GroupBy and SortBy of each report. Report Categories and Parameters generates an Excel spreadsheet with multiples tabs, documenting all of the Categories and Parameters in your Workfront environment in a single spreadsheet. It shows what Parameters are used where, and unused Parameters are also highlighted in yellow, and even documents the Calculated Field formulas. I invite you to read more information including screenshots and samples by following the links. Regards, Doug