Expand my Community achievements bar.

Milestone multiple updates

Level 2
Figured it out, sorry
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi: It is in a table called MILESTONE. The name is called, well, NAME. If you click on ADD COLUMNS, then in the box type MILESTONE NAME, you’ll see the attribute pop up. Look at this screen shot: [cid:image001.jpg@01D1A6C7.311EF470] Does this help? Eric

Level 10
Hi: The other thing you’ll run into with the packaged Milestones is that you can only have one of each type of milestone in a project. For example, if we have a milestone called GO LIVE, you can only assign that GO LIVE milestone to one task. We might have a project with four or give GO LIVE events. Because of this limitation, we created a custom attribute on the task object called STANDARD MILESTONE. We gave it a drop down list of standard milestones and now we can assign the same milestone to multiple tasks. That works for us. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Eric

Level 9
Carmen, there's no reason to ever apologize for asking a question here. That's what this forum is for! In my experience, when someone asks a quesion, there are others watching silently behind the scenes thinking, "Oh... THAT's how you do that!" Thanks for jumping in and using the forum for exactly what it's supposed to be used for! I hope you come back and ask more questions in the future. In Reply to Carmen Hendrych:
Figured it out, sorry
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 2
Thank you Eric! Very helpful! Sent from my iPhone On May 5, 2016, at 12:19 PM, Lucas, Eric wrote: Hi: The other thing you’ll run into with the packaged Milestones is that you can only have one of each type of milestone in a project. For example, if we have a milestone called GO LIVE, you can only assign that GO LIVE milestone to one task. We might have a project with four or give GO LIVE events. Because of this limitation, we created a custom attribute on the task object called STANDARD MILESTONE. We gave it a drop down list of standard milestones and now we can assign the same milestone to multiple tasks. That works for us. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Eric