Expand my Community achievements bar.

Mass edit tasks to move from Working On back to Work Requests or to remove Commit Dates

Level 2
I have "Send work I assign to myself to my Working On tab". I like to keep that checked because I assign myself ad-hoc tasks and issues and I don't want to have to hunt them down in the Work Requests section after I create them. However, part of my marketing department's work is building, proofing, and deploying about 16 emails each week, so I use the Kick Start to upload sometimes hundreds of projects at a time using templates to pre-set all of the tasks. This works great and saves me a lot of time setting up months in advance. Some of the tasks in these templates are assigned to myself, and so after I do an upload I can end up with dozens of tasks in my My Work section, all of them not ready to start yet and not due for months. Right now, I go through the My Work section and click the x next to each task and click "Send back to work requests". This is a slow and annoying process. I've tried to find a way to create a report of tasks assigned to me and change the Primary Assignment Status from Working to Requested, but that field is not editable. I also tried just deleting the Commit Dates, but again the field is not editable from the report. Checking the boxes next to all of these tasks to mass-edit them also does not reveal those fields for editing. Is there a way to mass-edit bunches of tasks to change Primary Assignment Status or otherwise move them from My Work to Work Requests? It seems like Workfront has ways to manage large numbers of tasks for most other things, so it is surprising that this isn't possible. David Fallon Cartera Commerce, Inc.
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi David, I don't think this is possible, though Doug Den Hoed usually has some interesting third-party solutions. He may be able to chime in with some suggestions. I'm really not a fan of commit dates and would love if we could remove or reset them in bulk! Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
Hah! You had me at "Commit Dates" (as usual), David C. Thanks for the call out. David L, yes, although our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/ubercalc/">UberCalc solution could handle this usecase in a similar fashion to the way it can automatically reset Commit Dates back to Planned Dates (e.g. nightly), there might be an easier way to handle it: with the offending Tasks shown in a list view or report, select and then bulk edit all those offending Tasks, removed your name from the Assignment (e.g. "clearing it"...and the Commit Date, I might add), (Optional) then reassign your name to the Assignment (e.g. "re-claiming it"...but without Working On It...yet) If this makes sense and you give it a go, please do let me know how it turns out. Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Thank you both so much! Yes, that will work to solve the problem. David Fallon Cartera Commerce, Inc.