Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Marketing Plans

Level 2
Has anyone set up marketing plans in Workfront? Our Marketing Group is beginning to work on their plans for 2018 and wondered if this was possible. Thanks for any direction you can give. Pat McCarty GuideStone
1 Reply

Level 5
Hello Pat - our team has not set up marketing plans within Workfront and are looking into alternate solutions to meet our marketing planning needs because we are in need of a robust, highly manipulative calendar that cannot be produced in Workfront no matter how the projects/tasks/business cases are set up. I have however given thought to how marketing planning could work in Workfront. Here are my thoughts: 1. Create projects that are titled your campaign, ir a project titled Rodeo 2. Create tasks on that project that signify the names of projects your team may complete to support the campaign 3. Utilize the business case functionality in order to build out a business case for the entire campaign if needed 4. Utilize task forms to add forms to each task that allow users to fill out a form that is a project charter for each project. 5. The project as whole, the business case or the individual tasks could be pushed to approvals depending on what workflow you wanted to set up. Once approved, you could convert the tasks to individual projects in order to execute. 6. You could utilize the calendar functionality to display all campaigns with a specific status and the display the tasks on the calendar. These tasks of course would signify the projects that may be opened to support the campaign. These are my rough thoughts and I have not tested this, however I believe it would work IF a holistic calendar view that can be filtered and grouped isn't your in need. Susan Hart NRG Energy, Inc.