Expand my Community achievements bar.

Managing publishing work (books, magazines, catalogs) with Workfront?

Level 4
I'm looking for customers who are using Workfront to manage the operations associated with publishing (books, magazines, catalogs, etc). If you do that type of work, please let me know! Thanks! Sherry Sherry Arnold Workfront
5 Replies

Level 1
Hi Sherry, We are just in the discovery stage of implementation but we will be using Workfront to manage Flyer and Catalogue work amongst other pieces of our business. I'm sure you're looking for operations already in place with the exposure and experience to answer your questions but if you want to reach out I'll be happy to connect. ROBERT BRITT DIRECTOR, PROJECT MANAGEMENT St. Joseph Communications, Content Group 15 Benton Road, Toronto, Ontario, M6M 3G2 T: 416.248.5500 ext.2460 | C: 416-898-5746 | E. "mailto:robert.britt@stjoseph.com" robert.britt@stjoseph.com

Level 3
Sherry, We have a tri annual alumni magazine that we manage and publish. We have just created a larger working template within Workfont to track work and progress.
Tamara O'Brien Project Manager Integrated Marketing Communications Pepperdine University 24255 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA 90263 818.702.1416

Level 1
Hi Tamara, I haven't really received a good answer as of yet for how to manage and track a large project and we have catalogues that run from 24 to 900 pages that need to be tracked by spread. Do you have any recommendations? I would be very interested in how you manage your catalogues projects. ROBERT BRITT DIRECTOR, PROJECT MANAGEMENT St. Joseph Communications, Content Group 15 Benton Road, Toronto, Ontario, M6M 3G2 T: 416.248.5500 ext.2460 | C: 416-898-5746 | E. "mailto:robert.britt@stjoseph.com" robert.britt@stjoseph.com

Level 3
We use Workfront to manage the publication of our game night program. Each issue is an individual project for which we have a detailed template. We publish 41 issues during the regular season and could have up to 16 issues in the post-season. We also have a project template for our annual team yearbook and media guide which are each done only once per season. Barb Pilarski Pittsburgh Penguins

Level 3
We too have a specific detailed template to track the process. Each issue has its own project and timeline. We use Google docs to track working copy until ready for designers to flow into InDesign. Our project template is structured with initial Discovery with our magazine advisory board and pitch meetings. Defining the TOC, photo/video asset discovery and concepts, operational/print planning. Creation of the piece - Content (broken out by each spread or type of story) with a phase for content development, copy editing, photo asset, design/layout. We have milestones for percentage complete, internal review and then executive level review before print production which is also tracked. Hope this helps. Tamara O'Brien Integrated Marketing Communications