Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Managing Licenses at the Team Level

Level 6
Hello- I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to manage licenses at a "team" level rather than a group level. I really like the functionality of the new group allocations and I was wondering if there was any way to create a similar something at the team level. We use teams to divide up our billing groups rather than groups. And would like to keep it that way if possible because our Group Admins take care of many teams. Thanks, Mollie Mollie Shatek JLL
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 6
Please note, I want to know the TOTAL number of licenses per team, I don't care if they are work or plan licenses. Thanks! Mollie Shatek JLL

Level 8
One way is to do a user report, and filter by User License = Plan, Work. On the chart tab you can use Record Count and Home Team Name: Personally, I do license tracking by adding a field to the user custom form called Number of Licenses Used, and the value is 1. I also have a Workfront Licensing dropdown field since teams won't work for us, but you can easily use the Home Team instead. Once you have the Number of Licenses Used on each user profile, you can create a user report with the following filters: Under groupings, group by Home Team ID (and go to text mode and change it to name group.0.linkedname=direct group.0.namekey=homeTeamID group.0.valuefield=homeTeam:name group.0.valueformat=string textmode=true Add the Number of Licenses used column to the detail view. Once you have that, you can create a chart of your choosing: Then it shows the number of total licenses per team: Adina ------Original Message------ Please note, I want to know the TOTAL number of licenses per team, I don't care if they are work or plan licenses.  Thanks! Mollie Shatek JLL

Level 6
Thanks for the ideas! Do you have any way to keep track of the number of licenses allocated to anyone group and something to show if they go over? Mollie Shatek JLL

Level 8
I actually do that on the Company level using @Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore 's UberCalc solution. Using the the number on the user profile, the sum of that number for users in that company rolls up to the Company custom form on the 'Used Flex Licenses' field. Purchased Licenses is a manual entry, and remaining is a calculated field. Adina Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 10
There is some new functionality being explored for group-based license maximums and management, but not sure when that's being released. Here's how we've handled license management for groups. Report 1: User report by Home Group (we still use Plan & Work) Report 2: Issue report where we have one issue per home group/stakeholder. In these issues, on the custom form, we track all sorts of details about the "group" including license info. By maintaining the "Licenses" and "Licenses Utilized" numeric values, we can view over/under-utilization in an issue report with rules. Of course, the data is only as good as our ability to maintain it.

Level 6
Thank you all for the feedback, you've given me some ideas to move forward with. Thanks! Mollie Shatek JLL