Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Looking for some assistance with text mode

Level 4
Looking for some help......... I have a Project Report that pulls in two specific Custom Fields, call them "Field 1" & "Field 2" In this report, I want to create a report specific column that performs this calculation: ROUND(SUB(100, (PROD(DIV(Field 1,Field 2), 100)))) I would like each cell in this column to show as a percentage I would like to summarize this column as a true percentage of the columns "Field 1" and "Field 2" This maybe simple, but I cannot figure it out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Dave. Workfront can perform aggregates such as SUM on data that is persisted in the database, but not on expressions calculated on the fly. So, although it might not quite be what you want, I'd suggest you create a calculated parameter called Field 3 and put your formula into it (and adding a bit of logic to avoid divide by zero errors), then adding and summing (or averaging) Field 3 on your report. Regards, Doug

Level 4
Thank You Doug for the quick reply. What you suggested is what we are doing today. The problem is, since "Field 3" is a % if you sum it the number doesn't make sense. We are currently using average, which isn't accurate enough for our needs.

Level 10
My pleasure, Dave, I suspected that a weighted average is what you are after. So, the three alternatives I can suggest are: to export to Excel and calculate the n umber manually as needed (crude, but effective), or to leverage our Magic Reports solution to create a tailored report that meets your need (precise but restricted), or to leverage our UberCalc solution to automatically calculate and store the desired total in a custom parameter at the Project (and/or Portfolio, etc) level so that you can then use it in your own Workfront Reports (most flexible) If you'd like more information on either of the latter two, please email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com. Regards, Doug