Expand my Community achievements bar.

Looking for ideas/suggestions on an existing reporting process

Level 3
Hi Everyone, Here is a quick summary of the situation: We have Generic projects set up for smaller requests - some of these projects contain over 400 tasks We have groups of users who use these Generic projects to locate their old creative - they are not WF savvy Our data for year-end reporting is pulled from custom forms located on the project level of ALL projects Normally, at FY end, we recreate our generic projects so the custom form data can be separated by Fiscal Year in the reports We are considering extending these generic projects into the next year so the users have one place to locate their files & requests Our issue if we go this route: the fields on the project form are currently updated to reflect FY16. These same form fields will by used by all projects for FY17 - which means we will not have the option to break out the data by FY on these projects. If we have to re create the projects, we will go this route - just wondering if anyone might have some suggestions! Thank you! Kat
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Interesting challenge, Katherine: kind of a bulk Copy Project idea, preserving custom data, but changing portions of it. If this is a once a year event, it might be possible to adapt our "http://store.atappstore.com/workfront-merge-or-split/">Workfront Merge/Split technology to pull out your 2016 Projects, "tweak them" offline to turn them into new 2017 Projects (noting that you and I would first figure out together exactly how to do the tweak), and then merge them back into Workfront on mass. Ah: although (editing this idea) you might first consider doing something similar with Kickstarts, on your own. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi - We had a similar situation. We simply created new attributes for 2017, as it were, and kept the attributes for 2016 untouched. Then, we’re able to report the numbers separately. I can’t think of another way… Eric