Expand my Community achievements bar.

Looking for feedback: Voice your preference on a Home widget!

Employee

Hello! I'm looking for thoughts on two types of widgets I'm working on.

This will be a non-traditional way of doing a test. Below are the prototypes. These are two options of seeing a longer list of projects when the widget had truncated to just 8 items.

Option 1: Click the purple dot to get started.

Option 2: Click the purple dot to get started.

Important! EMAIL me your thoughts (at edenwen@adobe.com) so as to keep from swaying each other in the comments.

Thank you for your time!

Eden Wen

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 10

I'll be honest, I don't even know what this is so…why is it awesome?

(Feel like I'm missing something important!)

Community Advisor

I think because it's been something I had been asking for, for years? I basically told her to implement it consistently across the platform because it's something I've struggled with in other parts of the tool. Hopefully this doesn't give away the answer!

Level 10

Kinda wanted you to give away the answer. ;-p

If this is related to Home in general, that could be why I don't get it. We've tried multiple times to implement Home in a useful way (once with Classic, once with NWE) and to this day maybe two people use it regularly.

Community Advisor

oh! No. I'm talking about the whole platform. Everywhere.

Level 10

@Eden Wen‚

While trying not to sway anyone's opinion, I will say consistency throughout Workfront is WAY more important than if a button is on the left or right.

Level 10

Email sent. Totally agree with @Skye Hansen‚ and @Randy Roberts‚ - the importance is availability across the platform, not Home. I don't think anyone in our org even uses Home.

Level 10

About half of our 1,000 users use home almost exclusively instead of dashboards so this is equally important for us.

Level 10

@Eden Wen‚ - any chance of something in the pipeline in the immediate future to give reports and dashboards (layout, etc) a facelift?

This part of the tool hasn't changed much since 2014ish; there was an initial change from AtTask to Workfront when they did the whole Anaconda Release, but not much of anything since then.

Dashboards would look so much better if we could use tiles, etc. to showcase KTMs, combined with charts and/lists to provide a more modern look. That along with improvements to export the dashboard with proper page breaks, etc. For a more professional look/feel.

Reporting and dashboards are WAY OVERDUE for some care and feeding.... definitely more than Home, IMHO. 😉

Hi Kelly,

I'm tagging @Matt Thomas‚ so he can tell you more about the New Reporting Experience (NRE) initiative.

Regards,

Doug

Thanks, Doug. I appreciate the 'tag' and look forward to any insight on the roadmap. 😎