Expand my Community achievements bar.

Limiting Notifications for Resource Managers on Project Templates

Level 7
In order to give our system admins complete visibility into the Resource Scheduler, I need to add them as Resource Managers to every project template in the system. However, this means that any time someone creates a project from a template, we all get sent an "Access Granted" notification via email. We can turn this off by toggling off the "Someone shares an object with me" notification setting, but this of course turns off notifications for all objects shared with us....which is not ideal. Is there a way to toggle this off - more selectively - that I'm overlooking? Or, is there an alternative way to give our system admins full visibility in the Resource Scheduler without exposing them to so many notifications? I realize this should be solved with the New Resource Management Access Level in the 2019.2 Release. But, our goal is to pilot the Resource Scheduler prior to that, so I'm looking for a temporary fix. Interested to hear if anyone else has run into this. Linnie Ciepielowski Esri
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 3
We had to do the same thing & ran into the same problem. Following in case someone found a solution - but we didn't. Courtney Webster Bracket Global LLC

Community Advisor
So I get the "Access Granted" notification as a system admin who is listed as a resource manager on all of our templates. BUT... I only get that notification when someone adds a secondary template to an already existing project. I do not get the notification every time a NEW project is created. In your Setup > Project Preferences > Projects, what is your "Set new project's status to..." Ours is set to Planning I suspect, the Planning status does not send notifications so I don't get one when the project is first opened and defaults to Planning, but I do get one when the project is in a status that equates with Current. Is your "Set new project's status to..." set to something that equates with Current? Just my best guess.

Level 10
If you're just looking for a temporary solution (and you have a spare license) can you just create a temporary user account and all log in as that user if you all need to see something in resource scheduler? You mentioned you were all system admins. As a happy side effect, you don't need to add a list of names to every project template: you can just add one. -skye

Level 7
Hi Heather, Our new projects default to the "Planning" status; we get pinged every time the status changes from "Planning" to "Active" if we are listed as Resource Managers on the template being used, so that part is working as expected. Unfortunately every project in our instance is (or should be) created using a template, so this means we will continue to get notified for everything. Linnie Ciepielowski Esri

Level 7
Hi Skye - That is what I'm leaning toward now as a temporary workaround. Thanks for the suggestion! Linnie Ciepielowski Esri

Community Advisor
Linnie, That's interesting, our projects are all created from templates as well and we don't get the notification when the project status changes.