Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Leap User Group Follow-up (June 30, 2020) - All About Reporting

Employee

The purpose of this thread is to continue the conversation from the “Special Edition” Leap Virtual User Group on All About Reporting on June 30, 2020.

Many thanks to everyone who came to our virtual meetup! Special thanks to @Trevor Pierce‚ for sharing his mad reporting skillz.

As promised, attached is a PDF of the presentation, and you can watch the recording here.

Do you have any outstanding questions? Anything you didn’t get a chance to ask or that wasn’t discussed? Or have a resource you want to share as a follow-up? Leave a comment below. (Pro Tip: “Like” this thread to be notified as people reply.)

You can find the schedule for all upcoming User Groups on the Events page on Workfront One (one.workfront.com/events). You can also follow the “Events” topic if you want to receive notifications any time a new event is posted.

Thanks again. If you have any feedback (good or bad), please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can leave a comment below, direct message me here on Workfront One, or send an email to usergroups@workfront.com.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 2

Workfront usage dashboard kickstart:

https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Workfront-Usage-Dashboard?language=en_US

Workfront cleanup dashboard kickstart:

https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Workfront-Cleanup-Dashboard?language=en_US

These are great to see the areas of engagement and clean up areas for system admins 👌

Community Advisor

Cleanup Dashboard that Nikki posted is super helpful

I use this page quite a bit

Calculated Data Expressions (CONCAT, ROUND, SUM, etc)

https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Calculated-data-expressions-679086747

as well of some of the examples on this page or the other page linked to from here

Understanding Common Uses of Text Mode

https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Understanding-Common-Uses-of-Text-Mode-37391990

Level 10

In our breakout, a question was asked if you can report on tasks/issues in one report. I thought we did but couldn't remember how. My wizard, @Anthony Imgrund‚ reminded me.... You can if you use the Assignment Object type (its just not inline editable). See attached for more info!

Employee

Hi all - as promised, here is a link to the recording of today’s session:

PLAYBACK: Leap User Group: All Things Reporting - June 30, 2020 (24 minutes)

Level 3

Just listened to the recording . . . wish I could have joined! I hope there will be more of these!

Also, thanks to those who have posted the various links. Love these type of things!

Community Advisor

I was just listening to the Leap session on the EXISTS filter and there's a report mentioned there that I thought would be super helpful considering some of the discussions it looks like at least a couple breakout groups had on the cleanup dashboard.

it's a filter for: Show me all custom fields that are not currently in use on any forms.

Employee

Funny, that's the second time someone has mentioned that session this week! In addition to encouraging everyone to listen to the recording, we might have to rope in @Anthony Messam‚ to drop some knowledge at a future reporting User Group! :)

Community Advisor

Here's another helpful empty report @Heather Kulbacki‚ !

Remove Empty Projects report: This pulls any project with zero tasks, issues, or documents. The columns I include are project name, entry date, actual hours, owner and entered by name to double check that it's an empty forgotten project and not one someone is still in the process of creating. Grouped by Project Group to easily sort my domain.

Filter:

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=OPTASK

EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:b:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS

EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=TASK

EXISTS:b:projectID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:c:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS

EXISTS:c:$$OBJCODE=DOCU

EXISTS:c:projectID=FIELD:ID

categoryID_Mod=isblank