Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Leap US 2019 (Dallas)

Level 3
Hey! Excited about LEAP and wanted to get this discussion rolling! Connie Sutherland, CPPM CareerBuilder
13 Replies

Level 3
Super excited to see what year 3 buttons look like! Check out these super cool lanyards from last year and 2017. Connie Sutherland, CPPM CareerBuilder

Level 6
Thanks for opening the thread @Connie Sutherland I can't believe we're just a few weeks away already! Has anyone heard information on availability of the LEAP app for 2019? Catherine Hayes The Channel Company

Level 3
Hi Catherine, We will be sending out the invite and instructions to download the app this week. Connie, that is an impressive collection of buttons! Glad to hear you are both getting excited for Leap! Lisa Stringham Workfront

Employee
So excited to see you all in Dallas in just a few weeks. Just wanted to give you all a heads up that this year, we are working on a lot of changes -- like the new experience.workfront.com that launched today and a couple more things that are coming. What you can expect at the Community Booth at Leap: We are working on updating the Workfront community - so this year at the booth in the experience zone we will be asking for feedback about what you love and changes you'd like to see in the Workfront community. We want to create the best experience possible for you, your users and your organization. We would love your help to make this happen! You can participate by: participating in the survey online or at the booth (coming soon!) completing your integrations profile visiting us at the booth and telling us what you love and about changes you'd like to see By participating in some of these things we will be entering you into a contest to win a $50 gift card -- with multiple winners! Stay tuned for more official ways to join the contest. As a result of this focus, we will not be bringing new buttons to distribute this year, but you can bring those from past years and exchange them and wear them with pride! See you all very soon! Kyna Baker Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

Level 10
Those buttons (we call them badges in Australia) look awesome......will have to refine my "justification-to-the-boss" to hopefully get over there next year. David Cornwell

Level 6
Thanks @Lisa Stringham Last year was my first LEAP and I found the app super helpful. I'm looking forward to using it again to keep track of my schedule and connect with everyone! Catherine Hayes The Channel Company

Level 1
What, no button swag?!? Awe. :-( Heather VerSchneider Project Manager/Business Analyst Cornell University, Ithaca, NY

Level 3
I know I'm super bummed... it's such a fun way to bring back memory and share it with the teams in the office. I gave away several buttons to folks in the office each time because it was relevant to what they do and gave them a sense of pride. Connie Sutherland Marketing Operations System Administrator, Marketing Operations Career Builder 200 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60601 D: (651) 246 - 4066 "http://hiring.careerbuilder.com/"> hiring.careerbuilder.com | "https://www.facebook.com/CBforEmployers?fref=ts"> Facebook | "https://twitter.com/CBforEmployers"> Twitter | "https://www.brighttalk.com/channel/14257/careerbuilder"> Webinars | "https://resources.careerbuilder.com/"> Blog "http://connect.careerbuilder.com/">

Level 2
Hi, @Kyna Baker - I'm not sure if you're the correct person to ask about this, but seeing as you're on the WF team, I figured I'd give it a shot. Regarding the post-course reading-materials that were made available in the days following LEAP "https://www.workfront.com/leap-2018-session-slides">last year ...these materials were uploaded a few at a time, over the course of a few days, until they were all available. This was very useful, but b/c of the 'upload a few on Monday, upload a few more on Tuesday, etc.' nature of the way that they were made available, this made it such that there was no easy way to identify which materials were recently uploaded vs which were already available the last time that a given user visited the site to download. Therefore, upon visiting to download more course files, it was difficult to tell which materials I had downloaded already vs which were new to me (as I was trying to download everything). Sure, I could have simply compared the titles of the materials on the site against the files that I had already downloaded - which I did - but that was super time consuming as there were many files. TLDR :) - Would you kindly pass on this improvement recommendation to the team responsible for making these downloads available after LEAP '19? - The user experience could be improved if the post-course download-materials are made available as sortable by most-recently-uploaded. If technical implementation for that is a hurdle then a lo-fi way to improve this could be to simply have some added static text, that accompanies each download, indicate when that file was made available. Also, a batch download-all option would be extremely useful (assuming that all of the files-names within that batch-download .zip make it super clear as to which course they're from). Thanks! Knoah Piasek BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America

Employee
Hi @Knoah Piasek that is great feedback! I'll pass that along to the right people! Kyna Baker Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

Level 2
Hi, @Lisa Stringham . It might be too late to bring this up - but last year the class schedule that was visible via the App was only reflective of the courses that I signed up for upon first class sign-up. When I changed classes by logging back in to the course selector via the web (which I did a few times before LEAP '18 started) those changes were never propagated to the in-app display . This caused a major hurdle in my finding my course room locations since my app's course-list was out of date. Might this have been resolved for this year? If not, please share this feedback with whomever the right folks are so that it can be resolved at some point. Thank you! Knoah Piasek BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America

Employee
Hey all - if you've registered for Leap in Dallas we tried to add you to a special group just to talk about the Leap Dallas questions. If you have registered and do not see the group Leap US 2019 in the list of your groups, please message me privately and I'll work with the Leap team to get it all sorted out so we can get all the nitty gritty questions solved in there! Kyna Baker Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

Level 3
Hi Knoah, Good news! The app platform has updated so that if you make changes to your agenda online, it will publish to your agenda in the app. It might take a couple minutes to publish, but it does come through. If you want to see immediate changes, I recommend making those changes in the app. To do this, unregister from the session you are currently registered during a given hour, and then add the new one. If you have any other questions, let me know! Lisa Stringham Workfront