Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Layout Template - Reports Tab no longer visible for Request license type users?

Level 2
I have some users that are provisioned Request Licenses. When logged in they could view the Request Tab and the Reports tab. I built some user guide type documentation for them yesterday directing them to use the Reports link to access a dashboard for viewing tickets. Today when I "Log In As.." one of the users the Reports tab is gone. I've doubled checked the Access level and Reports - View is configured and the Layout Template is configured to display the Reports tab on login. I think this changed with the latest release but cannot confirm. It's causing a major headache for my workflow and documentation. Workfont support is telling me this is working as designed and provided this: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217179297-Creating-or-Modifying-Access-Levels
12 Replies

Level 2
I don't know if this will you help you or not, but for my layout template for requesters, I have the default view at login set to reporting. Candace

Level 2

Can you login as one of you Request user's and verify you have the Report link?

I have the Default view in the layout template to show Reports on login as well.0690z000007ZibmAAC.png

Level 2

reporting doesn't show up in the global nav, but you can see everything does show up. see attached0690z000007ZibcAAC.png

Level 2

Thanks for checking.

It does display reports but when you click Requests you lose the ability to get back to the reports. The Reports link was beside the Requests link.

You can click the favorites button and back in that way but just yesterday the Reports link beside Requests was available.0690z000007ZibNAAS.png

Level 8
In addition to checking the Layout Template (which you already did) make sure to check the user profile. Sometimes if it’s unchecked there, it ignores that it’s selected in the layout template. [cid:image001.png@01D2C019.552E9FC0]

Level 2

Great point Adina

I did check that as well and the profile shows both Request and Reporting tabs.

see attached.0690z000007ZibDAAS.png

Level 8
Gosh, this is tricky! On the access level, is reports set to view? That’s the only other thing I can think of to check. [cid:image001.png@01D2C01D.419ABC10]

Level 2

It is.

I'm going to change it to Review for a short term fix.

I'm really concerned this was a change made as part of the release but it's not in any notes I can find.

I also encountered an issue with custom forms on the request and the sharing feature.0690z000007ZiayAAC.png

Level 2
I always tell my users to click the logo in the top left to navigate back to their home screens. Good luck.

Level 10
Wow... that does seem very weird. If the Request license is literally just for the request tab, why can they View reports in the access level permission screen. Can you update their layout so that the reports and dashboards you wanted them to see are in the Request tab? It was a pain in the initial setup, but I have someone whose layout is just Requests and then there are a whole lot of dashboards there. They have the two on top and then use More to find the rest. Just a thought.

Level 2
I've used the Request license to reduce the tabs more than anything. In my use case they only need to enter requests and view reports that contain those requests. It's a command center setup where super users are in the field creating tickets via the request and others are in a central location monitoring those requests and creating new requests that come in via the phone. I've done this exact setup in previous go live situations and had that Report tab in the global nav bar.