Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Kanban or Agile for Creative Team

Level 4
Are any creative teams using Kanban or Agile in Workfront? If so, I would be interested in feedback on how this works with designers, copywriters and proofers. Thank you, Elliot Leson Synchrony Creative - The Studio
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 2

Hey Elliot,

Hello and hope you are doing well!

We have talked high level about using Agile in our creative studio since now being used in other parts of the company. Did you ever implement either Kaban or Agile in Workfront?

Would love to connect with you on some questions and how your process is structured. We had another change in our studio structure a couple of weeks ago.

Level 4

Hi Janet,

How are you? How's the team?

As much as I would love to say we are using Agile, we really aren't. Our team is agile, so if we need to flex and adjust we can do that, but as far as using Agile or Kanban in Workfront, we don't. I personally believe creative is set up for the Waterfall methodology. We may use Agile terms like scrum, 15 minute stand-up, retrospective but as far as creating a Kanban board, that would be really hard to do unless you are just making simple rinse and repeat edits to deliverables and you have a backlog of tasks for these edits. I doubt that is the case.

More than happy to discuss further if you like.

Thank you,

Elliot

Level 2

Doing well! We keep growing, so more changes recently.

I agree 100% that creative is a waterfall methodology and is what we have been using. We are agile in the same way as you, but I am trying to show what is most effective for our needs to leadership who want to explore Agile. I don't think it will work, but trying to connect with other in house creative teams to see what they are doing. We don't do much repetitive production work and are currently trying to outsource that.

I just recently been moved back into the Traffic position from the last changes in our Studio workflow, so back working on best solutions for our needs.

Would love to chat if you have some time. Let me know.