Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Issues with New Resource Planner

Level 4
Hi, I am very frustrated with the release of the new Resource Planner and Workfront phasing out the Legacy Resource Planner. After watching the video and setting the Resource Pools up, using the tool a bit, it just is not a good fit for what my team needs the resource grid for. We look at the bandwidth by day, by user, by task. Not by month or quarter, by project, and by role or team. This tool also seems to be a lot of work if you are one resource manager working with teams across the country, the filter set up is not ideal and actually, never comes up with the right time or projects. Is anyone else frustrated or not a fan of this tool? Has anyone found a way to work with it yet that has a similar way of working as I mentioned above? Beks Kiley Compass
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Beks, For us, the main issue with the new resource planner relates to performance which mean that it doesn't load our data and we won't be able to use it until the 18.2 release. See here for more info: "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001018914">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001018914 Regarding your points on the functionality of the new resource planner: - I agree that we need to be able to get down to the day level (like the old planner)...not just the week level. - From the user view, you can already get down to the task level if you expand out a few levels. - One of the remaining issues is that when you expand out the resource it shows a lot of blank projects....this wastes a lot of screen space. The same thing happens at a task level within each project when you expand it out. All we need to see are the projects and tasks with assignments during the time period....not blank ones. Fixing this would greatly improve usability. Regards,

Level 2
Thank you for posting this! I agree 100% - we need to see the bandwidth of our team *by day*. I'm very surprised that they'd remove that functionality. Alexi Glines iProspect

Level 2
Beks, It looks like you submitted an idea to the Exchange on this topic - posting here in case anyone wants to boost it: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360001294614-New-Resource-Planner-Tool-Improv... Alexi Glines iProspect

Level 10
Hi - Yeah, the new one is definitely not as useful as the current resource grid. The biggest thing for us is that there is a 2,000 assignment limit so the data that displays in ours is not even close to correct (We have over 2,000 active projects, let allow 2,000 assignments!). We have been in talks with Product and they promised that would be fix a bunch of issues before they deprecated the flash-based resource grid. And trust me, I'm going to hold them to that. That is the #1 requested report we get and have tons of people using various resource grids to do critical work. Anthony Imgrund FCB